yoaqfa12.jpg

yoaqfa13.jpg

yoaqfa14.jpg

yoaqfa15.jpg

yoaqfa16.jpg

yoaqfa17.jpg

yoaqfa19.jpg

Great photos as always.... :cool:

Are you going to lacquer over the decals though....?

Not feeling the decals at all mate, tbh, the vinyl is far too thick, and without the lacquer, it looks a bit shoddy to be frank. IMHO.

Take a look at Rick Drapers when you get chance, the difference in the finish is like chalk and cheese.

Come on mate, with quality like this frame the Devil is in the DETAIL.

Attachments

• yoaqfa13.jpg
    yoaqfa13.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 351
FAT CHANCE......under lacquer, may help a bit.... :?

Ricks Masterpiece....(see below)

Attachments

• FAT CHANCE..jpg
    FAT CHANCE..jpg
    46 KB · Views: 344
sinnerman":3noc85jy said:
Are you going to lacquer over the decals though....?
that also wanted the Gerrit (the painter), but I wanted to stay original :mrgreen:
They are not as thick as they look, in the above pics the lighting makes it even thicker.
...and who knows, maybe someday get other decals on it.

Nader":3dks55xu said:
Rick Draper":3dks55xu said:
Nice. Out of interest where did the decals come from?
the decals are made by Gil of course (really top mate :D )

Why did you not ask him to reproduce the decals in the same way as the originals, then you wouldnt have the thickness issue as you do now, he can do it for a Yeti headbadge etc, why not spend the extra money and solve this issue altogether...? They look shocking.

You wouldnt need to lacquer then if you didnt want too....!

:cool:

sinnerman":25ynp0hc said:
Nader":25ynp0hc said:
Rick Draper":25ynp0hc said:
Nice. Out of interest where did the decals come from?
the decals are made by Gil of course (really top mate :D )

Why did you not ask him to reproduce the decals in the same way as the originals, then you wouldnt have the thickness issue as you do now, he can do it for a Yeti headbadge etc, why not spend the extra money and solve this issue altogether...? They look shocking.

You wouldnt need to lacquer then if you didnt want too....!

:cool:
didn't know that he has different qualities of decals! :? ...and at such a bike I don't think a lot about the money.

:cool:[/quote]
didn't know that he has different qualities of decals! :? ...and at such a bike I don't think a lot about the money.[/quote]

Good im glad to hear it, get on the blower and ask him if its possible, it will make all the difference IMHO.
A bike with this level of cool, doesnt need to be ruined by it being rushed or spoilt by looking like its been refinished in a garden shed.

Got to say i do love your build spec choices. the Syncros is lovely, as is the condition..... :cool:

I have Loads of images some where of Dave riding his Fat Chance if you would like me to post them for you...?

Latest posts

Back