Aedvice please - Manitou2 Forks

mattenock

Dirt Disciple
Hi

Does anyone know how big a deal it is if the internal skewers are missing from a pair of Manitou 2 forks.

I believe the elastomers are easy to source and fit but I have concerns regarding how easy it is to source and fit what I assume is required to thread the elastomers on to?

I have a potential purchase on the cards but want to know whether I am buying something I can't then use

Thanks

Matt

So long as you have the top caps for the stanchions I have read that a cut-down H/D spoke makes a good substitute...

Thanks - sounds horribly like I might have to get a welding kit out though which puts me off alot I'm afraid

By the way, what's H/D sorry?

Thanks

M

Heavy Duty...

...though as I was typing a reply I realised I had misled you!

I was thinking about Manitou III's and up, which have a completely different damping system...

...the I's and II's have a long M5 (or 6?) Allen bolt that you drop down through the bottom of the stanchion and screw into the bottom of the fork leg. Very easy to buy suitable replacement bolts if the thread in the bottom of the legs is okay? You need to shine a torch down there and see what they look like?

...and yes, you most certainly do need said bolts or the fork legs will just come apart!

Latest posts

Back