Turner Flux frame, Thomson Post

JonR

Retro Guru
Hi a few more bits for sale

Large Turner Flux Frame. This is the TNT version but with symetrical rear end. The the RP23 shock is near new as is the front end that was a warranty replacement. I shipped this in from the states last year and it has been criminally underused as I simply prefer my retro XC bike. :oops: Doesn't comewith the headset, BB or clamp but with a rather spify Turner clamp instead
£400 SOLD

Thomson seatpost. 27.2mm 440 length brand new and never even been pit in a seattube. £45 posted A deal with the 2 could be arranged

2012-10-20113900_zps253c5879.jpg

2012-10-20113914_zps043bb010.jpg

Hone double and bash chainset with raceface bash. Good nick, little bit of wear on the arms. Withdrawn from sale.

Re: Turner Flux frame, Hone chainset, Thomson Post

Still for sale, I've moved house now

Can't surely be the TNT version bud? Pivot is on the chain stay and I thought the TNT version had the pivot on the seat stay? Reason I ask is it looks identical to my old Horst Link Spot. I know that pivot points can vary ie above and below the axle etc but I thought the Horst link suspension design was located below the axle on the chain stays. Just like your one.

haggis":3vxfb82t said:
Can't surely be the TNT version bud? Pivot is on the chain stay and I thought the TNT version had the pivot on the seat stay? Reason I ask is it looks identical to my old Horst Link Spot. I know that pivot points can vary ie above and below the axle etc but I thought the Horst link suspension design was located below the axle on the chain stays. Just like your one.

Are you sure you'r not getting the TNT and the DW link mixed up? The TNT looks very much like the HL to my eys other than the different position of the bottom shock mount, it being on the downtube on the TNT and the seattube on the HL.

Here are the pics from the Turner catalogues.

2006 Horst link

TURNERHL_zps95c5b138.jpg

2008 TNT

TURNERTNT_zpsec1048a8.jpg

no i think youre getting mixed up bud. You have a Horst Link Flux there. The pictures you have there are above are of TNT versions. The TNT design came about i believe as Tony Ellsworth kicked up a stink as Turner hadnt paid for a license to use the Horst Link. The main difference between a Horst Link dsign and the TNT is the pivot location on either the cahin or seat stay. If you look at for example a Kona Dawg you will see there are 2 pivot points on the seatstay and this is effectively the same as a TNT turner as it is a single pivot linkage actuated suspension system. Look at your Turner and you'll see the pivot is on the chainstay. I think the TNT was only around from 2006 for a couple of years. My Horst Link 5 Spot was a 2005 and it was 2006 the TNT version appeared. Means its more desirable anyway as its the Horst Link version and you should include that in your title.

check out some of this gumpf below if you want. Select the 'Instant Center Tracking' and then select 'take the ICT challenge' and this shows the differences between the Faux Bar TNT and Horst Link (ICT) older design.

http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/tech/

Now whether or not you believe that its the best suspension design after that is completely up to you but the bicycling world seems to like the Horst Link better than TNT. Especially Turner owners as there are a few threads over on MTBR regarding the differences.

haggis":yj4nsrse said:
no i think youre getting mixed up bud. You have a Horst Link Flux there. The pictures you have there are above are of TNT versions. The TNT design came about i believe as Tony Ellsworth kicked up a stink as Turner hadnt paid for a license to use the Horst Link. The main difference between a Horst Link dsign and the TNT is the pivot location on either the cahin or seat stay. If you look at for example a Kona Dawg you will see there are 2 pivot points on the seatstay and this is effectively the same as a TNT turner as it is a single pivot linkage actuated suspension system. Look at your Turner and you'll see the pivot is on the chainstay. I think the TNT was only around from 2006 for a couple of years. My Horst Link 5 Spot was a 2005 and it was 2006 the TNT version appeared. Means its more desirable anyway as its the Horst Link version and you should include that in your title.

check out some of this gumpf below if you want. Select the 'Instant Center Tracking' and then select 'take the ICT challenge' and this shows the differences between the Faux Bar TNT and Horst Link (ICT) older design.

http://www.ellsworthbikes.com/tech/

Now whether or not you believe that its the best suspension design after that is completely up to you but the bicycling world seems to like the Horst Link better than TNT. Especially Turner owners as there are a few threads over on MTBR regarding the differences.

I see the difference, the pivots being above or below the rear axel.

The front end of this bike is certainly from 2008 as if you look though Turner's calalogues over the years you can see that 2008 was the only year they had that design on the flux.

http://www.turnerbikes.com/all-turner-f ... urner-faqs

I know that this bike was a warrenty replacement bought from a nice bloke in the US who returned it to Turner and told me that Turner put a new front end on his Flux after a frame crack. It seems that what had happened is a HL rear triangle has been put on to a TNT front end by Turner themselves making their own TNT HL hybrid.

So in that case roll up roll up and buy this one of a kind Turner made b@stard child of TNT and Horst link. :D

I don't think I can sell to beepbeep because of cost of shipping unfortunately. Rats, I'm pretty sure I'm not after anything at the moment which is a shame as I cycle through Chorlton twice a day on my commute.

Back