Who uses x2 9/10

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
What you using and how's it going.

I'd like to dump the triple and everything else that goes with it and try a x2 10 setup on my xizang.Other than shimano and sram who else or what else could I go for crank wise.

Cheers

I currently ride a 1x10 set up and a 1x9 set up however before that I ran double ring set ups from about 2003 onwards for clearance and because I never used the big ring away.

I typically used a 22 / 32 set up with a road block and was fine in the peaks as well as trail centres although there was he odd time that I wished I had a slightly lower gear. I think these days people tend to run slightly bigger rings. It depends on the type of riding you do.

With regards to cranks, I like Race Face cranks. Personally I don't like the SRAM cranks and modern Shimano cranks are very expensive in my eyes, too close to Race Face which have always been a bit pimper in my eyes...I blame the original Turbines!

I run Atlas on my SX and Deus cranks on my BFe and on her Chameleon and have a set if Diabolus cranks which are lovely but weigh LOADS! I like the axle spacers which makes getting a good chain line super easy.

Race Face indeed, but also Middleburn, Rotor, Tune and E13/The Hive/15G

There's a nice selection out there.

Enjoy!!

i stuck with xtr double on my Demon, as the bike is predominantly an xc bike in a not particularly hilly area i went for the 31/44 option (think that's what it was) defo a 44 anyway, then i ran a 11/34 10 speed rear end, overall i am happy but there have been a couple of occasions when i have thought i wish i had a smaller inner ring so i have decided that when the cassette wears out i will go for the wider 11/36 cassette, sounds awful but for me it's still an experiment for me

and for the record the reason i used xtr over the other options was i wanted a matching gearset, the whole lot is xtr, when i looked at the other options i decided that having mix finishes was not ideal
:)

Yes the world is my oyster eh.

I completely forgot about Race face and Middleburn :roll: but no nothing about the others mentioned and know what your on about Jonnyboy about having everything matching as i have a bit of an ocd about having everything the same :oops: :LOL:

I've just started using 2x10 XT kit on my Mojo and so far am very happy with it, I hardly use the big ring on my other set ups nowadays anyway.
I ride trail centres & XC and haven't had any problems with not having enough ratio with what I was riding. I've got the XT Shadow+ rear mech and all the reports I read about them are true, very positive gear changes and very quiet as it eliminates nearly all chain slap.

2x9 on my Yates

A 26/39t Middleburn RS8 X type chainset with a 11/34t XTR cassette

Love the simplicity of it

Haven't found the need for any higher or lower gears as yet

I had a Marin Team Ti with a 1x9 set up a 32t chainring with a 11/34t cassette & that worked well, but I found it wanting a little in the gears dept at both ends

2 x 9 on my Norco.
I've used 10speed FSA Comet chainset, it works fine with 9 speed stuff, XT short cage rear mech, M751 i think, SRAM 9 speed 11-32 cassette and a kmc 9 speed chain.

It works great the chain hasn't popped off once :D

I've been running 2x9 on my XC Salsa for a few years now. 28/40 with an 11/32 on the rear, I find it depends on the bike/terrain you ride to work out the ratio that works for you. I just used to get sick of constantly changing from big ring to middle then back again, so an inbetweenie big/mid ring worked for me and I have the 28 to fall back on if I tackle a decent hill.
I use an XTR crankset with TA Specialite rings, XTR shifters/rear mech and a SRAM XX double front mech.

I use 2x9
46/36t front with a 12/32 rear.
Standard sram X.9 front mech for triples but adjusted for twin only(the 1st 2 gears on the shifter)
The front mech is a top pull/bottom swing(top clamp) and it was tricky as hell to fit :LOL:

Back