cable choices.....

I'm using Clarks inners as I got some cheaply a while ago and they do a good job. Outers are Shimano or Jagwire at the moment. I'd like to try Nokon or Goodridge too but are they worth the extra money?

I pretty much use Clarks Pre-Lube/Dirt-shield/Gold or whatever they want to call their higher end this week.
Cheap on CRC.
Been even cheaper recently.

I can't help but wonder why people will spend months or even years looking out for just the right parts for a given build then want to skimp on the cables?

We_are_Stevo":2pza7k0b said:
I can't help but wonder why people will spend months or even years looking out for just the right parts for a given build then want to skimp on the cables?

.....for a used bike, that will see some action, I see cables and outers as a disposable part......I prefer to replace regularly than cherish expensive cables beyond their peak performance....... :D

feetabix":6ydwnes8 said:
We_are_Stevo":6ydwnes8 said:

.....for a used bike, that will see some action, I see cables and outers as a disposable part......I prefer to replace regularly than cherish expensive cables beyond their peak performance....... :D

But when you have several bikes but ride only one most of the time it's better to fit decent kit that will still be okay next time you take it out...

...and will last for ages into the bargain ;)

Back