The dog's got too fat - 90/91 Diamond Back Ascent+Ascent Ex

KV

Retro Newbie
Got fed up of running the dog on the missus Apollo hybrid so picked these up over the last couple of weeks.
91 Diamond Back Ascent Ex, been downspecced at some point in its life to Exage Trail but in pretty good nick, still got the Tioga Farmer Johns Nephews on so don't reckon it's had it too hard

image-1.jpg

Strip, clean and up-spec coming soon.

Also picked up this 90 Ascent, only because it looks just like the 89 Ex I had as a 14yr old, still get all starry eyed over that smokey paint, pretty good nick, paid way more than I wanted but that's the way it goes I guess, running 400lx and some very strange rims about 50mm deep?

image.jpg

Strip clean and rebuild with most of the parts from my beyond help 92 Karakoram destined for it

Looking forward to the builds, damn you Retrobike for this addiction!

Re: The dog's got too fat - 90/91 Diamond Back Ascent+Ascent

:LOL: another one sucked in, and a Diamondback fan too ;)

Wasn't Exage trail right for the 91 Ascent? It was only mid range anyway.

Urm, like them very much, if you ever want to sell the exage trail chain set, let me know, I need one

i'd forgotten about that smoke paint. these frames used to turn up at the local tip in the mid 90's (yes, i was guilty of going there most days as it was on the school route, got some nice frames too) :oops:

Pyro Tim":1afg8l5a said:
:LOL: another one sucked in, and a Diamondback fan too ;)

Wasn't Exage trail right for the 91 Ascent? It was only mid range anyway.

Although the 91 catalogue on here seems to be in German I reckon it says Deore LX for the Ascent EX? Love your collection BTW, bit too high end for dog pulling though!

Smoke frames are beutiful, one day I will bag one

That '90 is what started it all for me at 15, what a bike!...there is an original '89 Ascent EX in the classifieds btw, quite small though.

minor_LEGEND":abgb7ipu said:
Holy thread bumpage.
I have 2 90' Apex frames in that smoke finish.

I seem to remember the Apex being grey and completely smoked, is that right?

Back