la mia YETI A.R.C. del 1993

adri.75":277kmpjf said:
I believe that everyone wants to have the perfect bike as the catalogs of those years 90' , but only a few get the result. ;)
Be able to recover many components mtb vintage in Italy is impossible, some items were not even imported in those years. So I always have to look here on retrobike at fair prices (but must always be present to be the first to purchase) or ebay.com or ebay.de but even here many do not ship in Italy.
greetings :D
adriano

Adriano

If shipping to Italy is a problem you can always ask a member in the UK or Germany to have it delivered to them and
have it posted on. If I can help in this way then please just drop me a PM

Other forum members in America have done the same for me on items advertised on ebay as being "USA buyers only"

Nick

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I really like these Yeti's, as for the build... it looks fine to me :) This is YOUR bike, so you can build it how YOU want to, I think some people have OCD when it comes to building bikes sometimes :roll:
As you say, it's not finished yet, I did wonder about the fork/headset :LOL:

there are some things to fix but are few and Adriano has the potential to improve this bike, the steering area and stem I don't like, but otherwise I do not think he is in a bad way.
;)

already, as a true prototype racing :LOL:

also yellow and turquoise are the most beautiful colors for the Yeti.

Jesus, it seems like some people get offended if someone assembles his bike as he wants.

I build my bikes to use them. I want them to be functional. For no reason in the world I would put cantis on one (well, only if I had to use drop bars). I like riding my bikes. I'd never use flat pedals. I'd never put a Turbo on one of my bikes. If I had a Ritchey with bullmoose bars I'd use it as a gate. I think the only thing you can do with a singlespped is to zip-tie a basket on it and use it to go to ASDA.
However, does this entitle me to flame anyone who doesn't share my opinions? No. Don't you like the bike? Give some constructive criticism or pass by. Ok my signature is obviously anti-ss, but I avoid commenting on SS setups, even if my hart breaks when I see one (I'm a sensitive person you know).

BTW... concerning colours. I like team lavender, and I'd paint any bike in team lavender. I just love team lavender. My boxers are team lavender, too. My daughter's name is Viola, which recalls lavender, and only because my wife refused to call her Lavanda. Is this against bike philology? A bike is not an Etruscan vase. True, you shouldn't repaint a black "bucchero" (peculiar black Etruscan pottery, obtained mixing clay and ash, for what I've been said by... er...unofficial archaeologists) in pink, and put NO FEAR stickers on it, but I think anyone who pays for a 20-year-old sled has the freedom to coat an ARC in team colours, too. Or in a gator linear fade hue. I think an ARC in gator linear fade would look great.

Anodized mismatched parts? The only thing more boring than a yellow-turquoise Yeti with all purple or blue bits is a yellow-turquoise Yeti with an XTR. I think mixing and matching is great. Don't you like it? Build monochromatic bikes and let Adri alone.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: great Guido,great,as always!! .... but turn me away with your boxer lavender :mrgreen:

mkozaczek":vo26019x said:
The frame has been repainted and with incorrect colors and decals

adri.75":vo26019x said:
In the garage has arrived another frame legendary! :cool:
I got this frame together with the Mantis profloater II, by the same owner and at least 17 ​​years to collect dust in the attic! :facepalm:
It is not the original color, but it was repainted it seems to me in 93/94 when it came out this color team racing, originally it was all gray so probably 1992, the serial number is A526 I seem to remember, is located in the rear dropout SX in the internal part.
The frame has no cracks or blows, the paint in several places is skipped, she had been painted with an airbrush and therefore not a professional job, but I'm undecided whether to repaint it again or leave it as it is lived now!

original decals for possibly repaint

2012-11-22+13.15.19+%28Copia%29.jpg

Back