D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X.

White Spiders were cool, mixing Shimano with Suntour way before mix & match groupsets were common......IRD seatpost, Salsa stem and Bontrager forks too :D Didn't Tim Gould ride one badged as a Peugeot before they rebadged Ritcheys?

new ones still avalible...apparently.

Apparently, allegedly, I heard it from the horses mouth sort of...

Roberts will make a new DOGSBOLX to retro spec if you ask nicely and cough up about £400ish. :D

Re: new ones still avalible...apparently.

Stick Legs":2egllcum said:
Roberts will make a new DOGSBOLX to retro spec if you ask nicely and cough up about £400ish. :D

If that's true, it's a real bargain - their road frames are a heap-load more cash than that.

white spider was a lot earlier than the dogs bolx (so you're both right, both top end frames, but several years apart ;)
I wonder if they're not happy to work on their old frames as they didnt use any form of internal rust preventer, already been previously asked to do a restore & found problems due to lack of rust preventer?... just guessing ;)

Mate of mine has a one off Dogs Bolx trials bike.. A friend of ours worked for Roberts about 10 years ago so he built him a Dogs with a bolt on bash guard. Basically some extra braze on's put on the downtube and chain stays with some bent square section ali bolted on to make the guard. Then it has sheet ali bolted onto the guard to make it solid.. Can no doubt get a pic if anyone is interested. Also got Formula 1 carbon forks on it as well... Strange choice of bike for trials ?, well I can't say too much as I used to use a RC100...

Also, anyone remember the E stay Roberts did.. Think I only ever saw a green one in a advert in MBUK or MBI, never ever saw one in the flesh.. Think it was probably the only Roberts ad I ever saw as well !!.. :D

Gotta love the Dogs Bolx! A couple of modern ones follow.

The white one is a random photo I found on the web awhile back.

And my friends bike and in his own words...

It's finished in a new matt lacquer they do that is rubberised and resists scratches better than standard gloss lacquer. You'll also notice the carbon chainstays and seatstays. They are in fact steel stays with a rather pimpy paint effect that makes them look like carbon!! The sliding dropouts are for a Rohloff hub although for now, I'll be running a Chris King SS hub which you can see in the pics

Attachments

• 20020812-bolx-002.jpg
    20020812-bolx-002.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,246
  • P7030001.JPG
    P7030001.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,246
  • P7030002.JPG
    P7030002.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 1,246
Back