House sitter and place of escape wanted

zetecmk2":3djdebuo said:
i find pork pies play a role in the end result!!

i just ate mine. it was that or the giant triple chocolate chip cookie sat next to it in my desk drawer....
i love desk snacks.

twain":38r8naac said:
zetecmk2":38r8naac said:
i find pork pies play a role in the end result!!

i just ate mine. it was that or the giant triple chocolate chip cookie sat next to it in my desk drawer....
i love desk snacks.

I'd have gone for the triple chocolate cookie myself mmmmm yum

Alison

I say I don't like workmen in the house but when they don't turn up, it's the loft insulators today, it's a bit frustrating. My son wanted picking up from Beverley today and I couldn't because I was waiting in and they have not turned up.

Alison

Well these workmen doing the bathroom don't actually drink tea and coffee, despite my offers of either they just say no and carry on with their work :D

Alison

Isaac_AG":2bqior1p said:
Well these workmen doing the bathroom don't actually drink tea and coffee, despite my offers of either they just say no and carry on with their work :D

Alison
Blimey!
I was told many years ago, "Never refuse a cuppa; they might not offer again."

I refuse most times as I'm in and out of up to 10 houses a day and always take a flask with me. I'm always keen though to point out that the offer is the most important bit. May e once or twice a year, ill be in a kitchen fixing a boiler and the customer makes a cuppa in front of me and doesn't even offer.

Boiler usually takes a couple of days to fix at that point :(

gavinda":7ion8ksp said:
I refuse most times as I'm in and out of up to 10 houses a day and always take a flask with me. I'm always keen though to point out that the offer is the most important bit. May e once or twice a year, ill be in a kitchen fixing a boiler and the customer makes a cuppa in front of me and doesn't even offer.

Boiler usually takes a couple of days to fix at that point :(

I could never stand there and blatantly make a coffee without offering if they were standing by me. I've not offered the chap a coffee or tea today as he said on Friday that he didn't really drink them and carried enough soft drinks with him, something I don't have in the house.

Alison

Most are like you Alison, an offer as soon as you step in the door. Some don't offer but I don't mid that as they may have other stuff in their mind or maybe don't drink any themselves. It's just the rude bastards that don't consider me when they sort themselves out that gets my goat. Like I say it's rare and though I don't count, 17 times in 16 years.

Sell the lot and go live on a desert island.
Make sure the island has Amazonian Women and a big hill to ride down*. :D

*If youre lucky enough to find the Amazonian's then its unlikely you'll have the energy to ride up it ;)

Back