94 Yeti ARC Restoration

mkozaczek

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I figured three Yeti ARC builds on here were not enough and so I figured I'd contribute an ARC I recently restored and showed a NAHBS.

Here is how I got the frame (it was a complete bike with a pretty odd duck build, but that's irrelevant). The frame had a cracked headtube (like so many others) and needed to be repaired.

DSC_0353-vi.jpg

DSC_0354-vi.jpg

DSC_0363-vi.jpg

Post repair at FTWs

ARCRepair-vi.jpg

Final build pics from the NAHBS show this weekend

Majority of the parts are NOS or slightly used. I only had to reanodize the cable guides, Grafton levers and perches and the Ringle Mojo cable hangers.

DSC_0619copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0620copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0621copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0622copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0625copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0626copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0627copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0629copy-vi.jpg

DSC_0633-vi.jpg

Really really nice...you know your really sparking my interest in Yetis again.

That grey is kinda metallic right? Never seen the grey with the naked eye...

J

jonrock":37h7rm19 said:
Really really nice...you know your really sparking my interest in Yetis again.

That grey is kinda metallic right? Never seen the grey with the naked eye...

J

Basically the finish is achieved by using a media blaster on the bare turbing and then clear coating it. Along the way some silver flake was added to the clear (by Yeti BITD) because not all of the tubing markings were removed in the bead blasting process and showed through the clear. This one is a good example of those silver flakes in the clear.

Usual top draw build as ever... your like a machine ! :shock:
do you ever sleep ?

Can I enquire why you changed the order of the decals, and the background/accent around YETI ?
it's obviously intensional and moves the frame build year by a year or two.

Attachments

• EASTON YETI ARC.jpg
    EASTON YETI ARC.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 1,015
  • EASTON ARC YETI.jpg
    EASTON ARC YETI.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,015
Thats tidy mate.

Hell of a lot of Purple ano on Yetis around at the moment.

Retro Spud":7jidmurl said:
Usual top draw build as ever... your like a machine ! :shock:
do you ever sleep ?

Can I enquire why you changed the order of the decals, and the background/accent around YETI ?
it's obviously intensional and moves the frame build year by a year or two.

Yeti decal placement is about the most random thing in the world and has very little bearing / indication on model year produced, with a few exceptions such as the Troy Lee stuff or the very early vinyl cut individual letters.

I think the decals should rear left to right and make some sense, so IMO "EASTON YETI ARC" sounds better than "EASTON ARC YETI" for the drive side, and "YETI ARC EASTON" sounds better than "ARC YETI EASTON" for the non-drive side.

The difference in the drop shadow is due to the fact that a white drop shadow looks better on the turquoise background and the turquoise drop shadow looks better on the gray background. They were both available simultaneously.

Case in point my earlier 93 ARC

arckami3-vi.jpg

Basically the finish is achieved by using a media blaster on the bare turbing and then clear coating it. Along the way some silver flake was added to the clear (by Yeti BITD) because not all of the tubing markings were removed in the bead blasting process and showed through the clear. This one is a good example of those silver flakes in the clear.

Well Ive learnt something today then.

J

Latest posts

Back