The Unofficial Official Photography Thread...

Playing with my new camera at the weekend, thought I'd post these :cool:
canon1020_zps6d9afe31.jpg

canon1015_zpsd8ddd6f6.jpg

canon1022_zps4e3fb5ae.jpg

bmw019_zpsb74b9314.jpg

Did I try it?

I've been doing weeks of it, that was at the top of a blue "intermediate" run. It was somewhat icy which made it a challenge, but I wanted to run through some training drills for a teaching/guiding session I will be holding soon.

Because I was thinking about how to instruct and not how to ride, I had a spectacular face down crash under the chairlift. :shock: Later I nailed the moves I was trying to demonstrate and saw somewhat filming me keenly on their smart phone.

The main challenge is not going fast (no brakes) but being able to control your speed.

The full write up is here http://www.skibike.me.uk/2013/01/an-unexpected-return-to-avoriaz.html and plenty more stuff going way back to Day 1.

Best not go off topic (sorry mods) though, PM me if you need to know more.

Not a brilliant picture - it was taken with the camera on my mobile - but thought I'd attach it and post it here for sheer oddity value. I took it near King's Somborne on Sunday's ride on a bitterly cold afternoon and the hedge looks like that due to water splashed up from cars - thanks to the air temperature being so much lower than ground temperature, the puddles on the road weren't frozen. Unlike my poor old hands (in spite of wearing 2 pairs of gloves). :(

David

Attachments

• icicles.jpg
    icicles.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 675
Here's some of the few pictures that actually came out right with my Nikon P500 camera... or at least I thought so (it could've been a bit brighter, though... as the 2nd one is) :oops:

DSCN0709.JPG

DSCN0708.JPG

Pictures of the Mosque in Male (Maldives) back in 2011... great holiday :cool:

Some underwater pics made with our Canon D10 (or what's that "Playmobile" underwater model?):

IMG_1702.JPG

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_1738.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

Dragonfly in my back yard (with my Canon SX200 in auto mode):

IMG_0868.JPG

Yep... my next camera will be a Canon again ;-)

Void

Back