Surly Krampus...sorry Richie ;~)

Sounds brill, defo better than 29 plus suspension?

This, nearly, is my question. I am (or was) looking for a FS29er to compliment my light SS rigid (for when the trail gets too rocky etc). For doing trail centres, days out in the hills etc.

Reckon a Krampus could fill that (wide) hole? How would it be around CYB, the lakes, etc?

It doesn't need to do superfast XC - the SS does that. It doesn't need to do agressive downs, I'll rent a bike for that if I ever need it. I want a bike for ... the rest, including even Alps etc. (I was looking at Whyte M109/T129, Giant Trance/Anthem etc, leaning towards 100mm of boing).

Ta!

What a man of many tallent's, great right up Gil. I take it you like it (a lot) then! Had a short ride on one on the road at ED Bikes, which had a small frame, I would defo need a medium and Wayne has one coming next month, also to be on demo and is having a demo day somewhere local (sorry cant remember where) on 23rd March.

Initial impression is very positive but a ride off tarmac is paramount before I commit further. Oh, and the departure of a full sus "standard" 29er frame.

Very nice!

Managed to get one of the very last frames from the first batch in a large. I am 6'4" so fingers crossed its the right size.

Just need to get it build up now :)

Back