Which 80's Raleigh is this on e-bay ?

Since I'm sitting in waiting for deliveries today I decided to strip my commuter for a clean and rebuild :shock:

GmuuepC.jpg

I stuck the frameset on the scales and it comes in at 1.9kg for the frame and 800g for the forks, 2.9kg combined with the headset. The forks are almost certainly chromoly and not 531 at that weight. Don't know if that helps, but if it's a chromoly frame it'll be heavier than that ;)

I reckon it's 501. Can't see any taper on the seatstays, which I'd expect with 531. Compare with Jonny69's frame above, camera angle notwithstanding. (Edit: tapered stays may have dissappeared with 531c/501? Can't see any difference in the brochure, for that matter.. if so, ignore this)
While I'm here, I'd just like to say: One of those two colours has got to go.... I don't care which.. :)

Won it :) Whatever it is, POS possibly LOL

No surprise there as I was the only bidder...... so paid for it via paypal and he says I can arrange a courier.

What to do now? where on e-bay can I contact him about picking the frame up and any ideas about who can do it.

Possibly not thought this through.

Shaun

Back