its done now :D

ignore the tie wraps - just areldited the end caps on :D

DSC02812_zps0aa820fd.jpg

DSC02813_zps37feb651.jpg

DSC02814_zps7bb4c34e.jpg

DSC02816_zps253aec6b.jpg

and my little helper ;)
DSC02815_zps1849d3b5.jpg

Little helper seems to have the " maybe I'll get fed after this projects finished look "which has gone on longer than she was expecting.....Nice bike :D

It is, I'm getting brown leather bar tape to match the honey brooks b-17 I'm getting :LOL:

But that bar tape let's me ride it for now :D

They are great bikes - I had one for my daily bike a while ago, unfortunately the RH chainstay got dented and slowly got more and more bent as it collapsed under my weight - I did toy with the idea of welding a sleeve around it but I got a new frame instead. Very comfortable geometry and, with a 700c wheel conversion, the ability to swallow up absolutely monstrously large tyres and mudguards - very practical road-and-dirt-path machine.

Took this on a mile ride tonight, half a mile to work ;) handled, changed gear and felt beautiful :LOL:

(On my modern road bike, balls out round the bottom corner and no wind it is possible to freewheel to work :cool: )

I would like to take it down some very light off road paths :D

Folding bike rebuild......this section or the mtb section?

As I recall Raleigh Racing tyres were rebranded Vredsteins, I'm not sure how you would go about getting a set now.

That really is a lovely bike, and it will ride really nicely if it's anything like my Criterium.

BobToo":87td2x1a said:
As I recall Raleigh Racing tyres were rebranded Vredsteins, I'm not sure how you would go about getting a set now.

That really is a lovely bike, and it will ride really nicely if it's anything like my Criterium.

Raleigh racing tyres have long since disappeared. Always standard fotment on Raleighs and Carltons of the time...

I do have some perished ones in my workshop as a reminder...

Back