Rabobank Colnago C40 CLOSED

Colnago

There is no accurate or reliable information on Colnago Frame numbers to date the frame !!!!

cannot understand this comment, as have sent my frame number and a picture to Colnago and they give me the build details..

contact email

laura@colnago.com

Re: Colnago

orbeas":14wy5493 said:
There is no accurate or reliable information on Colnago Frame numbers to date the frame !!!!

cannot understand this comment, as have sent my frame number and a picture to Colnago and they give me the build details..

contact email

laura@colnago.com

if it is available why don't they or someone else make it available?
I personally would't put too much faith in what they said. Or do they or some office jobs worth just make it up as & when enquiries com along? who knows

Re: Rabobank Colnago C40

Lance Armstrong used 7410 on his world championship Merckx so its fair to say that was Shimano's top group after that time , only the /cranks /BB and FD were 7410, the RD / hubs and brake calipers were 7403 and STis were called 7400 note the full round seatpost too , I think lance really liked the earlier model 7401 pedals though

Attachments

• lance_93.JPG
    lance_93.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 1,330

That, sir, is a thing of beauty.

I'm doing research for a similar build. I've bought a Rabobank C40 with Star threadless fork and am looking to see what to build it with.

The fork is a good dating point. Threadless headsets started to be phased in around 1997-1998. Dura Ace 7700 was introduced in 1997, but most of the Shimano sponsored pros were riding prototype versions by the end of 1996 .

This pic of the '96 Paris-Roubaix sweeping Mapei C40s shows them with steel forks with threaded steerers. It looks like Bortolami and Tafi were using 7410 while Museeuw was on the then prototype 7700.

0paris111.jpg

Here's a pic of the Rabobank C40s from sometime between 2000 and 2002, showing them with star threadless forks and 7700 (or perhaps prototype 7800?):
filename=E1B_del1_07.JPG

ebay link to 175mm 7410 cranks but with non original later chain rings , this is what the originals looked like with Shimanos first lifting pins and the "channel" around the perimeter . http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Shimano-Chai ... 41710c1c25
I have some dual pivot brake calipers if you want to do a swap to later ones.

Attachments

• DA 8 crank.JPG
    DA 8 crank.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,447
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back