And today I did......

gmac123":t51l1hot said:
RobMac":t51l1hot said:

Baz my regular mountain wing man has had a stab at a write up for the first time on walkhighlands, a website we always refer to along with our guidebooks, a couple of more pic's here. baz joined us at blairadam earlier this year, new to bike but a long time runner and climber

http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/vi ... =9&t=29173
Looks like a superb day out and like the look of that site too - good resource for ride ideas. You reckon you'll revisit later in the year when the snow's away?

zigzag":yg9imsqx said:
Looks like a superb day out and like the look of that site too - good resource for ride ideas. You reckon you'll revisit later in the year when the snow's away?

yip, landy track most of the way up, plenty of online reference to biking it.. if you're game, lets look for a day and give it a go!!

gmac123":3oisltes said:
zigzag":3oisltes said:

yip, landy track most of the way up, plenty of online reference to biking it.. if you're game, lets look for a day and give it a go!!
Definitely game Graeme. Would be good to squeeze Glen Tilt and clubby's Glen Clova/Doll rides in sometime March/April, or possibly even as late as early May. Weather dependent I suppose. Going by conditions at the weekend, what do you reckon? A few weeks for the snow to melt if weather stays fair?

Today I walked past the Salsa Ala Carte and had a pang of guilt at not having used it for ages.

So after getting some street pressure into the tyres used it for my weekly Monday tootle around town doing bits and bobs and going to my Mum's house for my tea.

Christ it was nice and comfy after the road bike with it's 23mm tyres and 100psi.

Christ it was slow compared to the road bike with it's 23mm tyres and 100psi.

The route back from my Mum's gaff is just under 3 miles and I do it in around 7 minutes on a good night as it is normally around 10.30 so the roads are quiet and the first couple of miles are flat main road in decent nick. Tonight it took 11 minutes.

I enjoyed it though so I might use it for the commute a couple of times this week as Edinburgh roads are getting worse in terms of potholes and roadworks.

Had a fantastic day riding the Wanlockhead gold rush trail. Blessed with dry trails for this time of year making the going good. Well worth a ride BTW, long at 30 miles but quite a few miles on the road, fair bit of climbing too of course being the UK's highest toon and then climbing a bit after that! Awesome super narrow single track descent cutting across a pretty serious drop/cliff. Scandal rode really well, need to do a bit of fork tuning but apart from that I was impressed, the light weight came into its own and the bike had no problems getting the power down, wasn't beat up either which is amazing considering the lack of miles in my legs this year and not what you would expect from an ally frame. Still need to get my offroad groove on but some cobwebs were blown away today :D

sounds pretty epic- did you garmin it and do you have the route on strava? To close not to attempt and would be good to have a map. :cool: What kind of figures did you do climbing wise?

clockworkgazz":35juw7r4 said:
sounds pretty epic- did you garmin it and do you have the route on strava? To close not to attempt and would be good to have a map. :cool: What kind of figures did you do climbing wise?

Should be on Strava just now, 1224m of elevation.

Kaiser , Is there a link to the Strava route? I've searched Wanlockhead , Gold Rush and Leadhills but can't find it.

I've passed through there on my way to Drumlanrig and thought that there must be good trails in the hills.

Back