laptop issues

twain

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
seem to be posting up a lot of 'issues' threads recently! anyway, i'm typing this while my laptop is having a seizure...
went to start it up and it died literally after the 'Samsung' start up screen came on and off.
did this about 4-5 times and its no running "ok".
could this be a hard drive problem?
i literally turned it on, then the hard drive span, flashed up the start up screen, then it died...
the hard drive makes a funny noise (like its about to stall) before it crashes. no error screen, nothing. just dies.
the battery has been dead for ages so its permanently running off mains power lead....could this be affecting it? every time the cable is nudged it cuts the power and kills the computer...could this harm the hard drive and make it do whats its doing now?

Sounds to me as though your operating system is dead, caused by the power issues leading to corrupt or missing files. I'd look at a new one if I were you.

PM me if you need advice on what to buy.

Could be a lack of power. My PC did the same thing when its PSU became unstable. Perhaps your laptop's adapter isn't putting out the correct voltage when it's cold.
Usually this solves itself as soon as it heats up.

Try putting the adapter on a heating element. Not too hot, around 30-45°C should suffice. If that makes it boot right away every time, you can be certain that the adapter is on its way out.

you just need the power jack replacing is all, mine has just done the same.

it will cost you about £40 or if your handy with a soldering iron it will cost you a few pennies, plenty of vidoes on taking apart the better known makes and models of laptops.

Be careful with cheap replacement PSU's from eBay. Most of them rubbish and stop working after random amount of time. Spend the extra and get an official one.

My wifes Samsung is on its second cheapy PSU - the first one died randomly and this one has lost its ability to charge the laptop whilst you are working.

Back