Ugly modern bikes

I think Mr Boardman should stick to riding rather than badging and branding bikes.
Yuk!

Hmm. It doesnt deserve to be among those others. But at least its nicer than the other Boardmans showed before.
Maybe its the small size and somehow high BB that makes it look good to me..

I was in Evans at the weekend and the one thing that struck me is how many modern bikes look huge. Very long and low looking things.

Its true. Most bikes in popular categories are overbuilt imo. 90 percent of riders would be totally fine with just bigger travel frames and croscountry components instead of "bulletproof" AM/free ride/enduro ones

ibbz":19p19cw0 said:
I think Mr Boardman should stick to riding rather than badging and branding bikes.
Yuk!

I don't think that it looks that bad, to be honest. It's not that different to any number of carbon, racing whippet bikes. I don't understand all the contempt......

I would say that regardless of age some bikes just look ugly

But generally there are more ugly modern bikes than older bikes as there are a lot more manufacturers out there using a lot more technology which doesn't always make for a good looking bike

I own 2 modern bikes which are at completely different ends of the spectrum & I think both look damn good

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder & to some it's about how a bike rides rather than how it looks

Attachments

• Yates Binbrook 2.jpg
    Yates Binbrook 2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 648
  • Sting Temple Newsam.jpg
    Sting Temple Newsam.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 648
Having seen both of AndyB's bikes on retrirides i've got to say the Cube is bloody light and the DY is an absolute beauty (Very jealous).
Matthew

Andy B":1e0drkec said:
I would say that regardless of age some bikes just look ugly

I own 2 modern bikes which are at completely different ends of the spectrum & I think both look damn good.

To be honest Andy, the Cube reminds me of a Gary Fisher RS-1, so infact a slightly modern take of a classic!

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    9.3 KB · Views: 626
I will always love retro but I do love riding a modern.

Here's my Mountain Cycle Fury which is recent enough. It demolishes trails but its a bit lardy but a hoot to steer.

488037_10151194444406051_320414100_n.jpg

My fairly recent KHS full Susser which is a great bike and takes a beating way beyond its spec and just keeps giving without fuss.

376716_10150378509166051_1000510888_n.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and let's not kid ourselves. When you want to take the bike out and ride with no dramas, a modern decent bike is the one I pick. I keep the retro bikes for best.

Back