hardtail mtb for £800 on cycletowork scheme help me choose!

Re: hardtail mtb for £800 on cycletowork scheme help me cho

I haven't considered Cube, mainly because I heard from couple of different sources that they had some quality problems, I am happy to corrected of course!

not heard of any quality issues with Cube's & we sell over 500 a year of 'em

what had you heard about them?

Cubes used in a hire business and twenty all good after three years.

How about a Jamis 29er?

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/jamis/dragon-29-sport-2013-mountain-bike-ec041496

jamis-dragon-29-sport-2013-mountain-bike.jpg

Sounds like the Cubes are sound then. My LBS told me avoid Cube because of problems with the frames failing, this problem was also reported by a friend who rides in a big group. Could all be BS and rumour of course, the evidence above sounds more convincing. Like the Jamis above, does it come with 26"?

i've been at jc cook for 3 years, so we've sold around 1500 cubes in that time

i've never seen a competion range cube frame fail, the acid is the top of the range in that series

in that time i've seen 2 ltd range frame failures which were both replaced under warranty & one carbon road bike frame failure which again was replaced under warranty

so around 1 in 500 have failed, a 0.2% failure rate all of which have been sorted under warranty. Not bad at all really!

All bikes fail...SX Trails were 'famous' for having swing arms that cracked but I only saw one of the loads that we sold come back cracked.

I think it's one if those things when one person has s bad experience and tells the world. Mine is still on the original rear end.

The Cubes look great. Nice looking bikes and look good value.

Don't think Jamis are making the Dragon in 26", but they do in 650B at a higher price because it is the 853.

Speaking of Cubes, heres my mates which lasted 6 seconds..

Anyone spot the problem.......

58679_10152425575035438_89551697_n.jpg

in case you cant see it..

196864_10152425575230438_186689052_n.jpg

6 SECONDS ---- He cried..

Anyway must be a manufacturing fault and its been warrantied now but just goes to show no matter what you pay for a bike, anything can happen..

Yeah, all sorted now..

Rode it about 20 Mins. Tiny jump & it all went floppy

Back