RaleighRacer's Carlton Corsair

Well today I got loads done - headset greased up and back together, same for the bottom bracket, brakes on, derailiers on, crank on, bars and stem on and cabled up and waiting for the wheels to be greased and trued then it's back in the road :cool:

I do have pictures of the progress, but that also means a flat camera battery which means no p loading just yet, should be tonight :D

This should be complete by tomorrow afternoon then it'll be time to learn how to use down tube shifters :oops:

so yesterdays progress in pictures....

DSC02801_zps33e31f6d.jpg

DSC02804_zps641383de.jpg

DSC02805_zps0e78cbb6.jpg

DSC02806_zps08ada0e0.jpg

DSC02807_zps3b3f195d.jpg

DSC02808_zps0bec48e3.jpg

DSC02809_zps579e4e9d.jpg

DSC02810_zpsdc70a85b.jpg

ignore the bar tape and saddle, a honey b17 and brown cloth/leather tape will replace them soon ;)

Raleighracer":1kpoxae3 said:
Robbied196 - have you sold a mint raleigh pursuit on ebay? cant remember when, maybe up to a year ago? might sound crazy but that photo looks identical to one i remember :roll: :oops:

I did sell a Pursuit last year, I had a massive clear out of bikes me and my dad had collected over the years. There was about 50 in total, a couple had never been used.

Good to see your Corsair progressing nicely :)

Wheels are on and rebuilt :D

There nice condition, even the grease was still well packed.

Anybody know what tyres these came with as standard? The ones on mine don't match :? But I'm guessing the inner tubes are original cos they say Raleigh in huge letters on the inside??? :roll:

Just needs cable ends putting on and setting up, with the chain fitting to :LOL: :cool:

Robbied196 - if it was yours I remember - and I'm sure it was, it was absolutely gorgeous, made me want gears back on my Raleigh pursuit :(

Raleighracer":pm91yiye said:
Robbied196 - if it was yours I remember - and I'm sure it was, it was absolutely gorgeous, made me want gears back on my Raleigh pursuit :(

I should have a pic, I'll post it later :)

Raleighracer":2ioa9kmg said:
Wheels are on and rebuilt :D

There nice condition, even the grease was still well packed.

Anybody know what tyres these came with as standard? The ones on mine don't match :? But I'm guessing the inner tubes are original cos they say Raleigh in huge letters on the inside??? :roll:

Just needs cable ends putting on and setting up, with the chain fitting to :LOL: :cool:

Raleigh Racing or similar - amber walled tyres.

mine has michelin's, one is a world tour, cant remember the other, will go look, going to finish it off now :LOL:

robbied196 - if you look futher down the first page on the readers road bikes theres 'raleighracers raleigh pursuit' thread, if you could post it in there i would greatly appreciate it :D

Raleighracer":xju0s1bq said:
mine has michelin's, one is a world tour, cant remember the other, will go look, going to finish it off now :LOL:

robbied196 - if you look futher down the first page on the readers road bikes theres 'raleighracers raleigh pursuit' thread, if you could post it in there i would greatly appreciate it :D

done :)

Back