Show us yer FSR's

valve bouncer":1r6vwyke said:
twain":1r6vwyke said:
recently rebuilt with some older parts :)

IMG_0087_zps1fa82841.jpg
Was in my former LBS (moved away) today and noticed they had a brand new FSR exactly the same as yours up on the wall. Funky build, single ring up front with a chain guide and Showa double crowns forks. Looked like it hadn't been even touched in 10 years. Almost creamed my daks, wants 200ish for the whole bike. Tempted, tempted. Also found some NOS 2001 Super T pros (150mm) 20mm axle. Looked at me like I was mad for wanting them. Offered him 105 and he accepted pending avaialability of seals. These ones
2001-SUPERT-w_1.jpg

I WILL build the slayeringest FSR ever!!!

fixed that for you :twisted:

I'll get some pics of the FSR before I do anything so I can reap the assembled wisdom. The Showa forks are groovy as hell. Bit like these ones.
P1000645.jpg

V-brake only. The seals are gone and good luck finding new ones but I'm sure they'll make someone somewhere very happy. Tried to talk him into getting the frame only but he wasn't biting. Asked a about the "shark-fin" disc brake adapter too. Apparently he sourced one recently but it took all his mighty LBS powers to get it.
Also has a NOS Shaun Palmer edition DH frame from 2000 but it's a small. Look nice with the NOS 2000 Monster Ts there. I'm still waiting for the trouser excitement to abate. I'm sure I'm not telling you blokes anything but just finding this stuff gives me a thrill. I'm hooked I think.

I wish there was a bike shop that awesome by me :( I'd love to get a hold of that palmer dh! Post some pics of the T's when you get them, I love those old things. Also if youre in the shop snap some shots of that bike ;)

Went clipless today! Only fell once :p Was on a steep climb where I was concentrating way too hard on the ability to unclip.

Hi guys

I have a 98 extreme, trying to sort out bits. Needs new forks, steerer is 1" 1/4 n did have the original judy xl but they r buggered! Looking for some good forks at a good price! :)
Really love the bike n want to get it back/ better than before.
Suggestions to replace

Rear shock
Front forks, not necessarily triple clamp!

Cheers

Welcome! Love those extremes

Steerer should be 1" 1/8th, here's the bikepedia with some other useful specs http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... TfFCNGY6Fc

I put a more modern fox float fork on mine, but seems lots like the older bombers. If you do like triple clamp I would suggest looking around for some old jr t's.

As far as rear shock, if you have the original linkage the sizing for the shock is 165mm eye to eye and 38mm stroke. There are replacement links out there like BETD that allow for more travel, but they are pricey.

Something I just did that I would suggest if you have the time is to completely take apart the rear linkage and regrease all the bushing/bearings. Makes a big even with the stock rear shock.

Does anyone have their fsr rigged with some sort of dropper post? The trails where I ride are pretty diverse, which means I need to be able to sit down for XC, but there are also some pretty good downhills and jumps and the tall seatpost is a bit of a problem in some... ahem... areas. Aside from an expensive gravity post I really couldn't find much. There's the titec scoper that came stock on the big hit, but this didn't seem to get too many great reviews and are hard to find. Thought about rigging my own system of double post but idk how much I would really trust that.

I'm using the Kind Shock i900. The good thing is, they got my diameter (30,9 I think) and a low-profile (300mm), which is quite important as the post can't be lowered more than 2-3cm in the old FSRs...

It's available for 125€ right now, which is quite reasonable given its function!

Fsr extreme 98":2pa9y4ab said:
Hi guys

I have a 98 extreme, trying to sort out bits. Needs new forks, steerer is 1" 1/4 n did have the original judy xl but they r buggered! Looking for some good forks at a good price! :)

@FSR extreme 98: 1 1/8" is the diameter! Good forks are the Marzocchi Bomber Z1s, which you may find for 80 bucks in a good condition. 100mm are sufficient if you plan no tuning linkage in the back. A modern rear shock is a must, the old ones with springs are way worse... I use a DT Swiss 220 (which has i2i 165mm).

large_fsr-lime-final.jpg

Back