The one and only "HOW MUCH IS MY xyz WORTH" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I would be very grateful if You could help me on how much are these frames worth? They are for sale for a right price, but I have no idea what to call for them. They are VGC, used.
TB12_r2923_01.jpg

9899490869.jpg

Please help me estimate their value, so I don't pay tons of money I shouldn't. I will start new projects or resell them. Ti frames go for about 1k $, I don't expect to get that much. Ti comes with Ritchey Pro seatpost, Trek with stock fork and Shimano 600 headset.
If I made a faux-pas, please move to appropriate forums. If interested, email me an offer on victor.wisniewsky4@gmail.com
Thanks
Victor

victorduraace":9nrhyla7 said:
Hello. I would be very grateful if You could help me on how much are these frames worth? They are for sale for a right price, but I have no idea what to call for them. They are VGC, used.
TB12_r2923_01.jpg

9899490869.jpg

Please help me estimate their value, so I don't pay tons of money I shouldn't. I will start new projects or resell them. Ti frames go for about 1k $, I don't expect to get that much. Ti comes with Ritchey Pro seatpost, Trek with stock fork and Shimano 600 headset.
If I made a faux-pas, please move to appropriate forums. If interested, email me an offer on victor.wisniewsky4@gmail.com
Thanks
Victor
The trek is a y foil although it seems to have the same paint job as the y5o which was a mountain bike the y foil was a road bike that trek wanted to race but was banned as it was underweight iirc. Lovely bike I saw one in the usps colours with a period dura ace groupset go for 2k but it was as new. They were usually painted goldy yellow and were from the oclv era so around 96 97 98 year
Frame and forks only I would say around 300 quid as they are not that popular very marmite. They come up on ebay I nearly bought a frame set for 200 last year but bottled itas there are just too many variables buying a carbon frame thats potentially 16 years old

Hi all,
Ive got access to a friends shed clearout and there are a few cycles up for grabs.
One of them is a Garyfisher "Level Betty" that doesnt look at its best although it seems a pity to let it go to waste.
It has Shimano gear on it,Physlo forks and a Rockshox "Deluxe" rear suspension unit on.
I dont have any need for it myself(Im trying to get rid of some of my own toys !!)

Does anyone know if its worth anything at all, im told they were the Dogs bits in their day ?
(There is one on fleabay that the owner is asking what seems like an awful lot of money for at present.) . . . .

. . . . Or should I let it go to waste ?

Thanks for any advice

Level bettys can be collectable to the right person but they dont seem to fetch much, it was better than the joshua but they never set the world on fire. They come up on here every so often but seemingly like any fisher on here its only me and a couple others that like them
Strip it for bits is probably going to be your best bet

Chute55uk":2zrczkc3 said:
Level bettys can be collectable to the right person but they dont seem to fetch much, it was better than the joshua but they never set the world on fire. They come up on here every so often but seemingly like any fisher on here its only me and a couple others that like them
Strip it for bits is probably going to be your best bet

Dave_H was selling one (frame only) on here for £25 and it took a while to sell. Think they are ok personally, but not that valuable. whole bike I would guess at £100 or so.

Hope this OK, as it always seems cheeky joining a forum then immediately asking questions.

I have an original* Trek 930 SingleTrack looking for a good home.

But errm is missing a few bits. It still has the original Suntour mechs, which all work, but I've nicked the front wheel as a spare for my daughter's cyclocross bike. The seatpost was changed shortly after I bought it in the early 90s for a USE item (which is longer).

Thing is it's too small for me, otherwise I'd keep it for knocking about on (IMHO it looks awesome on slicks - couriertastic*), and I have to admit that it's just taking up space in an increasingly full garage and I want it to go to a good home. There's some rust on the exposed bits (corners of the frame etc) but it's only surface.
I lent it to a work colleague who started cycle commuting this year and had bought a Halfords special (sic) - he's smaller than me so I stuck some slicks on it and lent it to him, over that time he's seemingly allergic to cleaning and it picked up some more corrosion on the chain.

Anyway if any of you splendid chaps are interested, or can give me an idea of how much to ask for it, I'd appreciate any help.

(Obviously if someone wants completeness I can let the other wheel go, but then I'll need to buy another one. The tyre on the back and the pedals wouldn't be included but I'd stick a MTB tyre on.)

A photo.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ki46dpuzzjl1a ... .30.18.jpg

Another, artier but less helpful, photo.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jemnv2yicajqd ... .31.23.jpg

Here is an ad for one in mint condition which I include for comedy value. If anyone wants to give me this sort of money I will personally deliver it and cook them tea. And maybe perform an intimate act.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Used-Trek-930-S ... 0608263011

Thanks in advance,

pete

*Yes I think you'll find couriertastic IS a word meaning relating to the look associated with mid 90s cycle couriers.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back