Define 'DIBS' Thread

Can I dib dab instead?

068718.jpg

The lesson surely is: dont sell nice stuff so cheaply.

I never have problems like this in my FS threads.

I think 'Dibs' should give the 'dibber' a one hour window to follow it up with a PM, if not then it's down to the seller.

jonrock":ahbn2r6n said:
If I dib something. It means I want the item and I'll pay the asking price simple.

Most people use the phrase "I'll take that, payment details please" under those circumstances. Saves a lot of confusion ;)

Neil":3sjdrmkw said:
unkleGsif":3sjdrmkw said:
Chopper1192":3sjdrmkw said:
Using the medium of a post on a boring topic to decry others for posting in boring topics is a bit daft......

Dont for a second think that the irony of the situation was lost
Irony, it's so ironic.

No Irony is like goldy and bronzy but made of iron.

jonrock":yc1ha66d said:
I like the idea of dibs but really if the seller states a certain set of rules and you don't follow them, and someone else does before you do, then it's your fault.
You can't have wanted them that much if you couldn't be bothered sending a PM straight away, as was required by the seller. It takes about 10 seconds "I'd like Xxxx, please send me payment details".

Well Rob I did the first part. Did the thread originally say when to pm by no? I got pulled away suddenly for 45 mins or so.

I dibbed the item. Which to me means on hold for possibly more than 45 mins...maybe 46 minutes :LOL:
When I sell something its normally 24hrs then it goes to the next person.

you couldn't be bothered sending a PM straight away

So this comment is a bit off.

Ringo said

"Yeah, I'll have that Merlin Extralight in what may or may not be my size - and I'll just have to sell everything in my garage first..."

But it's OK - I've got first refusal..

Do you guys think Im like this right?

As Ive said perhaps other peoples actions have let me and the site down.

People can say boo hoo and all that. You think I care about missing out on some M900 arms. Not exactly a rare item are they.
The parts have nothing to do with it. It was the way I lost out on the deal.....

This is a forum right? Things like this are open to debate. I wanted to get other peoples opinions on this issue..

J

People are always up for a debate. But when you start getting offensive to people then they don't like it. Like calling people flakes or taking the p*ss over liking Pace frames. I can't stand Klein's - over priced and never ridden most of the time so pointless bulls**t posturing owning one IMO. But I wouldn't ridicule someone because of it.

Back