Spellings you always seem to get wrong

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Do you have spellings that you always seem to have difficulty with, I always get necessary wrong and I always have to spell out in my head "because", more of a habit than anything else, and I always want to put an e on the end of tomato not to mention always writing seam when I mean seem. So what's your bugbear as far as spelling is concerned?

Alison

can't spell diarhoea (??) ... but biggest annoyance is the autocorrection in Word or Outlook for words that I do not want corrected. :evil:

02gf74":3ncmaq0x said:
can't spell diarhoea (??) ... but biggest annoyance is the autocorrection in Word or Outlook for words that I do not want corrected. :evil:

Yup, especially if it defaults to American rather than UK English. Spellcheckers are pants when it comes to dealing with technical/scientific lingo too - I lost track of how much stuff in my doctoral thesis got underlined in red by MS Word!

David

Always fouund it comical when folk insert a similar sounding word to one they intended to use (malapropism), me oppo's mother was often going down the chemist for a repeat prediction.

konatime":1umy9sfu said:
Always fouund it comical when folk insert a similar sounding word to one they intended to use (malapropism), me oppo's mother was often going down the chemist for a repeat prediction.
Hey, I resemble that remark.

konatime":374x2nzd said:

If you appreciate the value of a good malapropism, I heartily recommend giving Count Arthur Strong a listen next time one of his shows is on Radio 4. :)

David

Back