Define 'DIBS' Thread

Chopper1192":2tr503gn said:
Don't reply to them if they're so boring.

I dont.... I rarely even read beyond interesting projects and the classifieds

Just saying like.... is that OK?

raidan73":2j9rw7kx said:
I sometimes call dibs especially when using my phone as it takes a little longer to type the PM. I'll always follow up with a PM within a minute or two as usually I'll want more info or just an extra few seconds to try and zoom in on the photos. If I needed more time - say 45 mintues, I'd still PM immediately asking for dibs for 45 minutes.

This is pretty much what I do. Sometimes I'll dib something and pm the seller straight away to ask if they can hold on to said item for a few days (especially if it's towards the end of the month!)... If I do that, then I also offer to pay a deposit.

9 times out of 10 I've found that sellers are happy to hold on to an item provided the buyer communicates with them and doesn't just dib it on the thread and nothing else!

If I change my mind about something I've dibbed, then I pm the seller again to let them know, and I also post a reply in the thread to say that I have effectively "undibbed" it, so that it can be offered to the next person in line, and so on.

unkleGsif":32rogs8z said:
Chopper1192":32rogs8z said:
Don't reply to them if they're so boring.

I dont.... I rarely even read beyond interesting projects and the classifieds

Just saying like.... is that OK?
I don't mind you just saying, although you.yourself have just opined that others 'just saying' on these topics is boring.

Using the medium of a post on a boring topic to decry others for posting in boring topics is a bit daft.

As for myself, if I want to buy something I'll simply say "I'll buy it", and quickly pm the seller to that end. This dibs business is confusing as it has no consistent meaning among members, and is simply pointless. Either commit to.buying something, or leave it for other serious buyers.

Chopper1192":27ud9xx1 said:
Using the medium of a post on a boring topic to decry others for posting in boring topics is a bit daft......

Dont for a second think that the irony of the situation was lost

G

I like the idea of dibs but really if the seller states a certain set of rules and you don't follow them, and someone else does before you do, then it's your fault.
You can't have wanted them that much if you couldn't be bothered sending a PM straight away, as was required by the seller. It takes about 10 seconds "I'd like Xxxx, please send me payment details".

Well Rob I did the first part. Did the thread originally say when to pm by no? I got pulled away suddenly for 45 mins or so.

I dibbed the item. Which to me means on hold for possibly more than 45 mins...maybe 46 minutes :LOL:
When I sell something its normally 24hrs then it goes to the next person.

you couldn't be bothered sending a PM straight away

So this comment is a bit off.

Ringo said

"Yeah, I'll have that Merlin Extralight in what may or may not be my size - and I'll just have to sell everything in my garage first..."

But it's OK - I've got first refusal..

Do you guys think Im like this right?

As Ive said perhaps other peoples actions have let me and the site down.

People can say boo hoo and all that. You think I care about missing out on some M900 arms. Not exactly a rare item are they.
The parts have nothing to do with it. It was the way I lost out on the deal.....

This is a forum right? Things like this are open to debate. I wanted to get other peoples opinions on this issue..

J

unkleGsif":3oexhm4o said:
Chopper1192":3oexhm4o said:
Using the medium of a post on a boring topic to decry others for posting in boring topics is a bit daft......

Dont for a second think that the irony of the situation was lost
Irony, it's so ironic.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee

... like 10,000 spoons ....

Sh!te, now ive got that whiney biggimot (бегемот) in my head.... EAR WORM!

Back