Define 'DIBS' Thread

gtRTSdh":3oiiicvf said:
for me, dibs is, hold it whilst I clarify / offer etc. If you want it no questions asked then a clear, I'll take those / pm payment details etc

Agree fully to that.

I think it comes down to your 'way of thinking', I thought, in fairness to Jon, that if you dibs'd something then it could be considered held until further instruction?

I'd be miffed if that happened to me to be honest.

I thought Retrobike worked in a 'mates' style transaction format...

allthough not wishing to take sides on this matter i myself do see a dibs as i would like these and would in all fairness give the member with the first dib a bit more time even as much as a whole day to make contact and payment as a few people myself included use a mobile phone to browse the forums and its not allways possible to make papal payments over the phone or even in some cases get a pm over due to network issues, patiance is sometimes the best policy from both buyer and seller.

but for those that do feel they have once had a bit of a stiffing on the buying selling forums i can offer these ( see pic ) new old stock complete with spitting instructions :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Attachments

• dummy 001.JPG
    dummy 001.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 202
Before browsing on anglosaksian forums I had never heard of 'dibs'. In Holland you commit to buy or you don't.

There must be more dummies spat out here than flies and boogers on a summer ride in the woods!

Kleins (and in this I include paint, boron, Trek, debossed decals and mud) = Dummies
Grease your cranks? = Dummies
Define NOS = Dummies
Retro cut-off = Dummies
Steel vs Alloy = Dummies
V's vs Cantis = Dummies
Bar-ends on Risers = Dummies

etc etc etc

Gets a bit boring to be honest

Back