People that believe in ghosts......

sylus":2ka4vs26 said:
Did you see that?
suburbanreuben":2ka4vs26 said:
No, but I felt something... :shock:

That was Al... he thought you was a slice of Battenberg, the sticky fingered little bugger :shock:

greenstiles":2ka4vs26 said:
other dimensions have been proven both mathmatically and at cern.......
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4eav7dFvc8[/youtube]

unkleGsif":s8181ak7 said:
sylus":s8181ak7 said:
Did you see that?
suburbanreuben":s8181ak7 said:
No, but I felt something... :shock:

That was Al... he thought you was a slice of Battenberg, the sticky fingered little bugger :shock:

Ooh, Battenberg*....now there's an idea. Guess what I'll be picking up from the supermarket after work today. Nom nom nom.

David

*Whenever I cycle through Romsey, not a million miles from me, the town sign announcing that it's twinned with Battenberg always makes me think of cake! :)

greenstiles":31sgri74 said:
science has sent particals to other dimensions.......and we receive stuff back, where do you think dust comes from..... :!:

Ummm no sorry you are totally wrong, 'where do you think dust comes from' really ?? :LOL:

Science/mathematics has POSTULATED the existence of other dimensions apart from our own 3, 4 if you count time as a dimension, yet they cannot be proven to exist.

Have little read of this...

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/arc ... -1240.html

And it's spelt Particle. Sorry greenstiles but you are talking out of your bum.

Edit: I do not doubt that other dimensions exist. Science has not proven that they do.

i always found it strange nobody ever seen a ghost on Miami beach...cornets, knockers and the sun and it's a no show joe caper.

greenstiles":2n1icmde said:
science has sent particals to other dimensions.......and we receive stuff back, where do you think dust comes from..... :!:

I am not convinced. Are the laws of physics something fundamental that humans have discovered or are they formulated from observations of what we see around us?

Let's take the so called 4th dimension of Time. Newtonian time is something fundamental to physics but Kant said it is subjective to people due to memory and I am in the latter camp.

you can read about it here: http://christianhubert.com/writings/Time.html

but my view is we percieve time because we have a memory. Let's say we remember nothing then everything we see is in the present and we have no idea that anything has changed. It is like looking at a roll of cine film. If we have a memory and it is run we see stufff changing so we can formulate equations involving time to exaplain the movement. If we have no memory then nothing moves and so no equations involving time.

The mathematics is there to prove that time travel is possible - if that were so, why are we not inundated with visitors from the future?

insects, bugs, and other small critters and germs have a sensory system but no real memory faculty.... so therefore time for them is imperceivable, yet they exist 3dimensionally in a 4dimensional universe

Time is nothing more than a representation of entropy and thermodynamics.... as matter passes from ordered state into dissorder.....

I am never wrong, i come from a dimension where we are never wrong and we spell particle in 5 ways depending on what dimention we are visiting :| nim nim......also dimension ;)

unkleGsif":1cyf2mtg said:
Time is nothing more than a representation of entropy and thermodynamics.... as matter passes from ordered state into dissorder.....
For a moment, I feared that line of suggestion would be a prelude to the "if a tree falls in the woods, and there's nobody to hear it..." thing.

Then... time passed.

Neil":ujesvoyh said:
unkleGsif":ujesvoyh said:
For a moment, I feared that line of suggestion would be a prelude to the "if a tree falls in the woods, and there's nobody to hear it..." .

If a bear sh!ts in the woods and nobody sees it...... ?

Time, Gentlemen

G

Back