Start of the VITUS Carbon rebuild, REOPENED

Re: Start of the VITUS Carbon rebuild

stringfellow1946 said:
yes this was a very tatty frame & forks when I bought it. I've very carefully rubbed it down with 800 & 1200 wet & dry removing all the old decals & lacquer. I purchased new decals & refitted them and then had my local car shop respray shop re lacquer the frame with 2 part lacquer.
lucky you didnt sand down to the kevlar , it goes very "fluffy" !!!

Re: Start of the VITUS Carbon rebuild

Loving this build, easily in my top 5 all time dream bike list :D look forward to more updates and the finished article. keep up the good work!

Re: Start of the VITUS Carbon rebuild CLOSED

There was post’s & photos starting to appear on my threads that were totally unrelated to my original post’s. I reported these to the mods & asked for them to be removed but they replied saying they had looked at them & still left them there. So I removed my original post & all the photos. I’m sorry if its upset some people. I’m quite happy with any comments good or bad about the bikes I have in my collection. I not only closed this one but also the Colnago C40 one & the TVT one. Some twat posted a photo of Lance Drugstrong’s bike on one of the threads plus the post’s were going right off the original topic.

stringfellow1946":axqtwmlh said:
There was post’s & photos starting to appear on my threads that were totally unrelated to my original post’s. I reported these to the mods & asked for them to be removed but they replied saying they had looked at them & still left them there. So I removed my original post & all the photos. I’m sorry if its upset some people. I’m quite happy with any comments good or bad about the bikes I have in my collection. I not only closed this one but also the Colnago C40 one & the TVT one. Some twat posted a photo of Lance Drugstrong’s bike on one of the threads plus the post’s were going right off the original topic.

I posted the picture of Armstrong with his Worlds winning bike on your "C40" thread but only so the Dura ace equipment could be accurately dated , it was not unrelated IMO and the mods must have taken that opinion too , If you like I will never again comment on any of your threads ..... bye

ps If you think Lance was the only cyclist to ever use PEDs you are delusional.

ps If you think Lance was the only cyclist to ever use PEDs you are delusional.[/quote]

No, but he was the BIGGEST cheating, lying, bulling ARSE HOLE and should now do some serious jail time.
"delusional" I am NOT. But being an EX Professional race mechanic I have witnessed first hand what effect drugs have on people . One of his ex team mates cheated me & the team I worked for out of thousands of USD in prize money when he later tested positive of drugs & all his results were stripped but of course non of the prize money was ever repaid.

Back