Sunn MTB help?

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
Through this forum I have managed to find out the identity of a frame that was unknown. I am wondering if the Sunn guys might know how I can date the frame?
Sorry the last pic is wrong

Attachments

• My Biks 005.jpg
    My Biks 005.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 299
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 293
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 293
Its a '99 frame from the cable routing and drop outs. Serial number under the bottom bracket shell should start S98 for made in 98 for the 99 range, together with the model name. Xircuit or Urge??

Thank you for that there are 2 serial no's one across and one around the one that goes around starts S99 so it is a '99. And it has the Xircuit?? or whatever it is. Is it a decent frame? I have a mid 90's XT group on it right now and some threaded forks as I had nothing else. It rides nice.

Have you removed the cable guide from the BB shell? My frame (almost same as yours) had 'Urge' stamped in.

Hey S8-Tom hows it goin'? I removed the cable guide yesterday and found Xircuit stamped across the B/B shell. Could you please post a pic of your bike?

I bought the one in this thread viewtopic.php?f=2&t=220277&hilit=urge
So far all I've done is remove the headset & BB and cleaned it up with some T-cut. It needs a bit of work as the mech hanger got bent in transit to me (courier company paid up the value of the frame though). The seat tube has also been over clamped at the top. I've started to open it by rolling the end of a handlebar around inside where the seatpost goes. The correct 27.2 post is still a bit tight so there's work to do. I've got a few bits stashed ready for when I do build it: Mavic 221 on Brubz front hub, Sunn Cycledelic saddle, Syncros post & stem and a Sunn Brute bar. I sold the fork on as it needed a bit of work and looked a bit flexy. I weighed my frame recently and it was in the region of 1800g!

Thanks for the link I like seeing the start point on projects as it looks like your build is going to stay with you so should look pretty sweet with those bits.
I will be gathering bits this coming winter and get it redone around Sept until then I plan to ride the wheels off it!! seriously those Sups are needing replacement braking surface is quite concaved, i am struggling to get decent rims, so do not know yet what they will be.
I will stay with the XT stuff though.

Latest posts

Back