Define 'DIBS' Thread

I was clearly expecting something that aint around here anymore...

What with threads disappearing than re-appearing....

Conclusion:

DIBS DONT MEAN SH*T ANYMORE!

J

for me, dibs is, hold it whilst I clarify / offer etc. If you want it no questions asked then a clear, I'll take those / pm payment details etc

I remember an officer dibles on top cat..the indisbutable leader of the gang

hey hey hey..flakes? I resemble that remark :D

Calm down its only an old bike bit. End of the day you didn't follow the instructions specified in the thread, you took that risk and it back fired. You can hopefully take away from this an appreciation that "dibs" is not a universal thing. And keeping in mind this is an international forum there will be those who have no interpretation of the term at all. The one thing you can take away from this is that you have learned a lesson, however I am afraid you may have to leave a little of your dignity behind.

sylus":rcyubbaf said:
I remember an officer dibles on top cat..

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I'm off to the FS section to call dibles on something

Calm down its only an old bike bit. End of the day you didn't follow the instructions specified in the thread, you took that risk and it back fired. You can hopefully take away from this an appreciation that "dibs" is not a universal thing. And keeping in mind this is an international forum there will be those who have no interpretation of the term at all. The one thing you can take away from this is that you have learned a lesson, however I am afraid you may have to leave a little of your dignity behind.

Dignity?

You like bikes with square tubes you freak! :LOL:

J

I like the idea of dibs but really if the seller states a certain set of rules and you don't follow them, and someone else does before you do, then it's your fault.
You can't have wanted them that much if you couldn't be bothered sending a PM straight away, as was required by the seller. It takes about 10 seconds "I'd like Xxxx, please send me payment details".

"Dibs" is what kids at primary school do.

"I dibs the swing...I dibs the cricket bat.....I dibs the back seat on the bus"

etc etc

I think this dibs thing is silly and clearly means different things to different people. If you want it, buy it. If you want to think about it, or mull some pictures then do it in your own time.

I reckon no one should get dib's, another poster see's someone's dibbed something they often move on and a customer could be lost, further it leads to loads of uncertainty in the market place.
First person to offer up the dosh that is accepted by the seller wins, simples !

Back