##CroMo Appreciation Thread.##

Bicycle Addict

Retro Guru
I love oldish CroMo frames(90's) with rigid forks, I think thinner round tubing looks very timeless, eye candy. I really notice a frame before anything else those 2 triangles just seem to jump out, Steel/CroMo frames may have a tendency to make me drool!(I am such a bike nerd)

So come on guys lets see the CroMo!! Bring them out dust them off and take a pic, i know you've got 'em.

Stand up for the RETRO in RetroBIKE!!

There's nowt purely retro in steel mtb's on this site nor is steel the only material that comes with skinny tubes.
I dont see the point of a thread suggesting we parade our chromolly steel bikes when Retrobike is already packed to the rafters with photos of said bikes.
Be more specific or this threads going to quickly become pointless :facepalm:

He's suggesting we post up pics of our Cro-Mo beauties- seems pretty specific to me.

I'm also very partial to a bit of 4130/Range/531 Cor-Mo sexiness.

Bicycle Addict":1sffqmsh said:
I love oldish CroMo frames(90's) with rigid forks, I think thinner round tubing looks very timeless, eye candy. I really notice a frame before anything else those 2 triangles just seem to jump out, Steel/CroMo frames may have a tendency to make me drool!(I am such a bike nerd)

So come on guys lets see the CroMo!! Bring them out dust them off and take a pic, i know you've got 'em.

Stand up for the RETRO in RetroBIKE!!

If thats your thing, then there is enough sex in the thread below to make that trip to SOHO pointless.

Enjoy....SHOW THE STEEL....., 20+ pages of the finest cro-mo from around the globe, all thanks to Retrobike members.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=136376

Didnae mean to grump, its just the sites already packed with everything the poster would like to see, it doen't need a specific area. :oops:

I was more looking to pull like minded people together for a chin wag. I thought coming onto this site would be open to me starting a CroMo thread??
I did not realize there was already a thread parading some lovely steel bikes, I think that I was more meaning earlier than most of the bikes shown I prefer diamond frames up to 93-94.
Utilitarian bikes commuters rigid MTB's performing commuting duties. Rigid still in use MTBs are one thing but they do have alot of other uses.

I love bikes . . . . . I love building them I love riding them I also love spending time with my family, that does not leave hours available to scroll through what is a fantastically large resource of the best information.
I have read in other forums of guys getting too addicted to perfection when building/collecting bikes and losing their marrige family through becoming too obsessive, spending too much time or money on what is just a hobby etc

I like bikes that ride nice, change gears well,the brakes stop properly. . . . I don't really give a rats a-- how they look or (my pet peev) how light it is etc

Oh . . . . and this will get some blood boiling I like slick/semi slick tyre's on the road and I like the look/ride (I have proper MTB tyres for gravel mud etc)

I want to see the guilty pleasures (no matter how cheap,heavy they maybe)that people have not quite had the guts to post but still love.
I want to see early custom type paint jobs and that may just be a change in colour away from original.

Who has a flouro green bike for instance

Bicycle Addict":eg3vc87e said:
I was more looking to pull like minded people together for a chin wag. I thought coming onto this site would be open to me starting a CroMo thread??
I did not realize there was already a thread parading some lovely steel bikes, I think that I was more meaning earlier than most of the bikes shown I prefer diamond frames up to 93-94.
Utilitarian bikes commuters early MTB's rigid performing commuting duties Rigid still in use MTBs are one thing but they do have alot of other uses.

I love bikes . . . . . I love building them I love riding them I also love spending time with my family, that does not leave hours available to scroll through what is a fantastically large resource of the best information.
I have read in other forums of guys getting too addicted to perfection when building/collecting bikes and losing their marrige family through becoming too obsessive, spending too much time or money on what is just a hobby etc

I like bikes that ride nice, change gears well,the brakes stop properly. . . . I don't really give a rats a-- how they look or (my pet peev) how light it is etc

Oh . . . . and this will get some blood boiling I like slick/semi slick tyre's on the road and I like the look/ride (I have proper MTB tyres for gravel mud etc)

I want to see the guilty pleasures (no matter how cheap,heavy they maybe)that people have not quite had the guts to post but still love.
I want to see early custom type paint jobs and that may just be a change in colour away from original.

Who has a flouro green bike for instance

Sadly no Flouro green, but i can Do a NEON orange, or a Candy pink if it takes your fancy...?

Back