Show us your slick tyred MTBS

The ratbike - my daily commuter, an Orange C-16R covered with reflective tape and gaffer tape. Front wheel Campag Record on ceramic X618, rear Phil Wood on standard X618, bars Nitto Bullhorns (original battleship grey), brakes Onza HO (eek!), cranks Specialized Son of Strongarm (I think), gearing 42:14 fixed wheel.

rr2_zps6f89572f.jpg

...and by the sea:

beerbeach_zps17b731fa.jpg

tigern":3ifqxey3 said:
my slick MTB, gonna use it as a racer...

This to me is a great slicked mtb. Big fat slicks, nice low bars and a very clean look :cool: my ideal vision of a urban cruiser, a kind of bike I'd love to build if I had a use :D

I guess you can go down to 1.5" slicks on 'standard' rims, are you guys using narrow rims for the 1" slicks?

My 1998 Lavadome, I use it to get around Brighton, and it's been deposed for off road duties by my Explosif, The pannier rack is for cycling to uni.

Attachments

• IMAG0230.jpg
    IMAG0230.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 861
Raleighracer":jxopvdwj said:
I guess you can go down to 1.5" slicks on 'standard' rims, are you guys using narrow rims for the 1" slicks?

I use my 1" slicks on standard, modern rims and they work fine.

Here's my Coyote Easton Ultralite wearing Vittoria Randoneurs. Nice light and fast ride. Used for commuting when i can and local rides with the kids etc.

I also use it for some longer road rides, especially in winter when I dont want to get my roadie dirty. ;)

8483709402_313c069416.jpg

kingoffootball":1ofnmpks said:
Raleighracer":1ofnmpks said:

I use my 1" slicks on standard, modern rims and they work fine.

Thanks for that, dad wants slicks or semis on his saracen, saves new wheels :D

Out today with my daughter in Trent Park, the Gatorskins are my commuting and work tyres. (Should really have changed them for today. :oops:)

7A930A6E-4B0F-462E-B47E-EF4303D3D1B3-1179-000001DD4CD4CC19.jpg

Back