Wee bit of advice

Well plugging away on the Trek road bike and actually enjoying it just doing 13 milers along the cycle path just now and doing it around 55mins....But looking to upgrade the tiagra 9 speed groupset currently on it. I've managed to get some Dura-ace 7700 9 speed shifters a 105 rear mech(but looking for a Dura-ace one) I've also got my grubby mits on a Dura-ace cassette but the ratio is 11-21 my current one is 11/23 only noticed the ratio as different after I'd won it will I notice the difference or anyone fancy a swap for a 11-23?

not really a massive, especially if you have compact chainset and you're on a cycle path.

I suppose the question is really are you ever in the small chain ring and largest sprocket and struggling on a hill

I tend to use a cassette with a 26 or 28, but I don't have a compact chainset and live in an area with several long steep hills

If you've found yourself in the 23 quite often you will miss it, but if you haven't then the close ratio is lovely. You always have the 'right' gear.

Not often on the 23 and feel I can go a bit quicker a gear or two down TBH just need to get the leavers polished on on the STI's and track down some new hoods which might just be near impossible!

Back