Define 'DIBS' Thread

Great so you've sold the levers....

Can I have the cranks then I asked for?

I guess not?

Fair do's - got me there...

No the cranks sold about half an hour after the levers... Got a PM for them too. Must be my great, great prices eh?

To me it states an interest of that on offer. After that it is up to the seller and buyer/buyers to sort it out.

If the seller wishes to sell to somebody else showing interest, can pay quicker, is nearer so can pop around, doesn't want info ... then it is up to them.
If the seller wants to give somebody more time who first gave interest.

A dibs to me does not mean it is yours.

I always believed it to be as the seller describes it?

dibs is normally first in line as long as the seller makes it clear what conditions they attach to the dibs, if the conditions were clear and not met then the first dibs that meet the request of the seller becomes first dibs

Define "bitter": see original post.

Effectively you win some you lose some, dibs is at the sellers discretion as is who he ultimately chooses to sell to.

I have dibbed in the past and not fully read the detail of the post, where it was stated to followup with a pm and I have lost, fairdo's my fault. just accept you didn't win this one and move on.

jonrock":28xs005p said:
Someone define what dibs means on a for sale thread?

Feck all, people constantly 'dib' on sale threads and then you hear nothing for days, if you want something PM then stump up the cash, if not, quit whining.

Probably.

Feck all, people constantly 'dib' on sale threads and then you hear nothing for days, if you want something PM then stump up the cash, if not, quit whining.

Probably.

A forum full of flakes then....

If I dib something. It means I want the item and I'll pay the asking price simple.

Some members obviously play by different rules clearly.

Maybe Im a bit 'old school' on this forum now....

J

jonrock":2cwu0ckx said:

Probably.

A forum full of flakes then....

If I dib something. It means I want the item and I'll pay the asking price simple.

Some members obviously play by different rules clearly.

J
As you say, that is what you mean, others it means different.
Your interpretation does not mean the seller has to sell to you though.

It is why the forum has a rule
Dibs are non-enforceable and strictly at the sellers discretion
Seller decides, not the person posting asking for it.

Back