Amp Research disc brake adapters?

trail_head

Retro Guru
To mount modern ISO calipers to frame and fork.
Does anyone have? or know where I can find?

Happy to pay,
Thanks much,

TC

A stepped plate would be cleaner and eliminate the spacers, but here's the dimensions. Just need to find a CNC guy that's bored at work who'll work for scotch.

file.php

FMJ - what are we looking at in tat drawing? Adapter madefrom single piece of 6 mm alloy - should be fairly easy to make that at home without CNC if one has a drill press, a saw and file and lots of spare time - are there 2 bushes to offset the adapter/calliper?

I've run one of Jon (B3)'s ones for the back for a few years...excellent, thanks. :D

But I made my own for the front:
I used the drawing which FMJ has posted for the hole locations, but made it with 4mm stainless steel.
This way it's a bit neater as you don't need the 10mm tubular spacers. You mount it on the inside face of the AMP disc tab instead.

I'll do a pic tonight.

Here (courtesy of Hayes) is the front 160mm postmount standard if you prefer. It should allow a far more chunky aluminium adapter to be made, as the bolt centreline matches the dropout face, about 8mm from the AMP tab face.

All the best,

02gf74":3fndjvkc said:
FMJ - what are we looking at in tat drawing? Adapter madefrom single piece of 6 mm alloy - should be fairly easy to make that at home without CNC if one has a drill press, a saw and file and lots of spare time

Sure you could. Would it be right? I doubt it. Probably get it close enough to get it to work with a bit of cursing, though. I like to do things right, first time, no (well, minimal) cursing. Force of habit, I guess.

f21eb545.jpg

Not elegant, but here's the one I made earlier:

dcc2b12319c99532655a99db165f5341_zpsac4785cf.jpg

Used the "make that at home without CNC if one has a drill press, a saw and file and lots of spare time" method mentioned above...

All the best,

Latest posts

Back