RetroRoadRide Rd 1: Gospel Pass Ride AFTERMATH

Ok here goes!!

Fantastic Epic day from start to finish :D

I love that feeling of turning up and and noticing that I have more fat on my belly than everyone else has all together, COME on people this fatty is getting fed up with fighting our corner alone!! Stop with the excuses and get your arses to these events!! (rant over!!)

It was great to see old faces and meet new ones with the added surprise of company in the car with bobbinogs

Fantastic to have Paul along to get abused all day instead of me!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

The conditions up on the pass were pretty horrific even being passed by cyclists coming down the other way on the approach were not encouraging , there faces looked horrified and battered. then we started hitting the ice. To start with rideable if you got into the water stream channels but they got worse barely walkable. The most noticeable was the temperature drop as we got higher then once out of the trees in the open it was get to the top and enjoy the moment :cool: The decent was bloody freezing and meeting a Renault and black Lab took me out of my stride. :shock:

The dash backwards I was ready for this time after last time thinking once in Hay-on-wye the job was done but there is still another 25 miles to cover with still more climbing much to the delight of Pauls body language thinking the same as I did last time!!

Back in the Edwards house hold was lovely , greeted by warmth and a cup of hot tea from the little boss then seated for a amazing 3 course meal followed by great laughs and banter !!

The standard has been set for for the national road series and its going to be tough to better :cool:

vivelesalpes":4xy2okim said:
Shouldn't harrycrumb's score be 125 ? (If that is correct does your score Ed get another -25 for bad maths ?)

Indeed although I've subsequently subtracted a further 25 points for that poor straining rear mech so we're back where we started. Plus I can't afford to lose any more if I'm to ever get to zero.

ededwards":rvytfwnc said:
vivelesalpes":rvytfwnc said:
Shouldn't harrycrumb's score be 125 ? (If that is correct does your score Ed get another -25 for bad maths ?)

Indeed although I've subsequently subtracted a further 25 points for that poor straining rear mech so we're back where we started. Plus I can't afford to lose any more if I'm to ever get to zero.

We'll I am certainly not going to remind you about my modern saddle and pedals, at this rate I ll be in the minus numbers ;)

ededwards":2yy1ljve said:
vivelesalpes":2yy1ljve said:

We'll I am certainly not going to remind you about my modern saddle and pedals, at this rate I ll be in the minus numbers ;)

HarryCrumb":q4r7owni said:

Indeed, and you haven't even mentioned the ferrous trim.

Now, about Chopper's bartape......

That bar tape has got to be a bigger point reduction than electric gears?!!? :shock:

You lot are so conventional with your bar tape wrapping. You need to open your minds to the Swenglish configuration.

On another note I have installed a box of Bernard Hinault postcards in the smallest room and have taken to eating chocolate cake from a sweaty cap.
I'll skip the peach sorbet thanks very much...

Sore knees today but otherwise not too bad.

daj":12l8yg3m said:
I love that feeling of turning up and and noticing that I have more fat on my belly than everyone else has all together, COME on people this fatty is getting fed up with fighting our corner alone!! Stop with the excuses and get your arses to these events!! (rant over!!)

sorry :(

Back