Campagnolo Centaur partial groupset For Sale

cloudbase martin

Dirt Disciple
Hi All

Please take a look at the images below, the groupset came from a custom MTB I built in the late 80's/early90's, the frame has sadly died so the kit is for sale. I was working in a bike shop at the time and if memory serves this was the first kit that Campag made for MTB's but I may be wrong on this?

I have no idea on price so any guidance would be welcome. If any one is interested please make an offer, ideally I would like it to go as one but if it looks like I will get a better price by splitting I will do so.

The front mech is a Suntour XC Pro as I think the Campag one was not as good at the time. The large chain ring is a Shimano replacement and the left hand crank removal thread is stripped, hence selling it with a pair of chuck removal wedges. I had a quote for rethreading at £25 recently. I have the original Campag chainring somewhere along with the left thumb shifter but just cant find them! Bugger...If they are found they will go free to the purchaser but I think it is 50/50 that they will be seen again.

Attachments

• IMGP0184.JPG
    IMGP0184.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0185.JPG
    IMGP0185.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0186.JPG
    IMGP0186.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0187.JPG
    IMGP0187.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0189.JPG
    IMGP0189.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0190.JPG
    IMGP0190.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0191.JPG
    IMGP0191.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 515
  • IMGP0193.JPG
    IMGP0193.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 515
Hi Martin

I have no idea what these might be worth but there is a section here viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29681 for such questions ;)

Those Chuck removers are a lifesaver used them more times than I care to remember ;) :D :D

I think personally you will get more luck splitting these up sell the, brakes separate, the chainset, the rear mech and single shifter for a 1 x 7/8 set up. and the front mech on it's own, but that is just my opinion ;) :D

Mark :D

The rules in the sale section say that you must state a price or this thread may be locked/deleted. I suggest you probably already have an idea of how much you want, have a quick search on this site to see how much stuff has sold for before and judge your price on that. As always, the more you as the longer it may take to sell!

OK, fair enough.

I have had a look at similar and the price for the whole set, as pictured above, is £175. @SiRvInO I would rather not sell as separate items but will do if I don't get interest in the gear as a set. If it looks like I need to split it I will post prices here.

Thanks

Back