GORILLAS ONLY!!! TVT Low Pro CLOSED

Re: GORILLAS ONLY!!! TVT Low Pro

latman":nggyqle1 said:
not sure if you are watching this topic but how easy did those bars (26.4 according to velobase) fit in that stem (26.0 ?) cheers Ian

Hi Latman
Thank you for your interest.
It fitted ok from memory. I might change the setup sometime in the future as I now have a set of Cinelli LA bars with an XA stem.
But at the moment I'm working on re-building a 9 tube Vitus Carbon up with Mavic Groupset, & then I hope to move on to a Colnago Super or Mexico Builds as I only have the one steel framed bike at the moment.
Chris

I am building up a 979 with early mavic myself at the moment , fluted cranks and mecano mech etc , the BB shell is fluted but I am going to run with a NOS 111mm centaur cartridge BB instead , It looks like I may have to fit a Modolo speedy brakeset as I cannot get any old mavics

ps I have attached some vitus carbon pics you will like too

Attachments

• vitus carbone 7.jpg
    vitus carbone 7.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 723
  • vitus carbone 9.jpg
    vitus carbone 9.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 723

latman":27ghebeh said:
I am building up a 979 with early mavic myself at the moment , fluted cranks and mecano mech etc , the BB shell is fluted but I am going to run with a NOS 111mm centaur cartridge BB instead , It looks like I may have to fit a Modolo speedy brakeset as I cannot get any old mavics
Latman i may have some spare Mavic parts in a few days as I've had quite a lot of response from the wanted ad & I bought a headset off ebay & the guy has just e-maild me with a list of other Mavic bits he has.
I thought the Mavic BB was 116mm

stringfellow1946":2wg6ej41 said:
latman":2wg6ej41 said:
Latman i may have some spare Mavic parts in a few days as I've had quite a lot of response from the wanted ad & I bought a headset off ebay & the guy has just e-maild me with a list of other Mavic bits he has.
I thought the Mavic BB was 116mm

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 09.21.58.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-02-23 at 09.21.58.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 724

the BB for double came in 114 and 116 I think

Attachments

• carbone.jpg
    carbone.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 718

my alloy Vitus is already chamfered but my Look 286 is not (both undergoing full mavic builds)

Nice bike but ditch the ergo stem. With those bars it will slip on every bump or pot hole.

Back