Syncros 30.6 seat post?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I thought I had a beautiful and early 31.6 syncros seat post (vertical lettering on the rear only), but it turns out its a 30.6. I've had frames with 30.9 and 31.6 posts but never 30.6, so my question is what frames had a 30.6 post size? Is it common or unusual? I've got nothing it will fit so intrigued by the size.

Real shame as its a lovely post.

The framebuilders collective had a batch of 30.6 seatposts made up.

a 31.8mm OD seat tube with 0.6mm walls would use a 30.6 post

shame its not 30.4 as my Helkama uses that as do some Rocky Mountain bikes..
not that that answers the question of course.

but 30.6 seatpost in Google bring up a few.
planning on a new project around it?

FluffyChicken":22gqst48 said:

Thanks for the info. It was planned for a project but now I've discovered it's the wrong size, I'm not building a bike around it. Already have too many projects on the go. Need to recoup some funds after the fleecing from sbrian so it may find its way to the sale thread, but it is a lovely post so may be stashed for future use.

What's a helkama btw?

ishaw":38zvzru4 said:
FluffyChicken":38zvzru4 said:

Thanks for the info. It was planned for a project but now I've discovered it's the wrong size, I'm not building a bike around it. Already have too many projects on the go. Need to recoup some funds after the fleecing from sbrian so it may find its way to the sale thread, but it is a lovely post so may be stashed for future use.

What's a helkama btw?

The heads are always useful from the posts... and you never know what frame or wanted ad. comes along.

Helkama is a brand of MTB/Bicycle from over the channel, mines the Team Power. If your on the full site and can see sings then click on ,line on that. the years are links.

Back