Tel's Stallion Cycle Shop Venture!

Good luck. I'd paint it white otherwise it will look dingy

The landlord done all the hard graft and handed it over to me in the condition pictured above. I have spent everyday in there since painting, I can't believe how much I've done and how little it appears I've done....

Yes colour is mainly white, it does look bright and fresh now. Still got one more coat to go on (yet another coat!) which will be the final one, well it should be. Once I've got the floor down I'll get some more pictures up.

Missed loads of great posts on the forum... :(

LGF. Proximity of the competition should be no barrier to growing a business. All you have to do ois offer a better service and keep control of your costs. There are 7 much bigger shop within a 12 mile radius of my shop. Mine is still grown enough for me to set it up enough as LTD company and go VAT registered. So if you have suitable premises LGF do it.

I am glad Tel it is coming together.

How many weeks now? Two I think, I grow weary and tired....

Seriously I cannot believe how long it has taken me to get the shop to the stage pictured below. I swear I renovated my whole house in a shorter period of time!!!!

Anyway this is where it's at now. Just the skirting to secure and patch paint and a joist mounted lower down at the back to hang bikes from, then I get to start kitting it out. Shame all my money has gone now though :(

SAM_2453.jpg

SAM_2451.jpg

SAM_2452.jpg

SAM_2449-1.jpg

SAM_2455.jpg

SAM_2454.jpg

Tel,

Looking good, get your mop out!!! No more lazy weekends i expect. Treat yourself to a beer tonight - i would but i have to work!

Richard

Yes, chapeau. You spent all your money on it, but soon money will come in :)

Looking good so far but, is that door secure enough? Have you got any way of making it lighter in there (without resorting to more strip lights)?

Thanks guys :)

Lazy weekend what's one of them!?

I'll be adding a couple of hardened hasp and staple locks to the door and decent padlocks. Bikes inside (customers and stock) will be chained together, there is a big steel gate, also padlocked, and cctv. Not sure about adding more light, in honesty it is pretty light in there now shame there is no window but beggars can't be choosers eh.

Back