And today I did......

TF63K_zps05f49769.gif

Ah'm comin' tae get ye. :xmas-big-grin:

That's the thing. It's a 24" BMX cruiser frame. Auction was ending soon and I liked the look of it. No idea what I'm going to do with it mind.

Rumble":2fsgrqvq said:
That's the thing. It's a 24" BMX cruiser frame. Auction was ending soon and I liked the look of it. No idea what I'm going to do with it mind.

Nice one :D I'd love one of these too and would have no idea what to do with it either!

kaiser":j0dhw794 said:
Rumble":j0dhw794 said:

Nice one :D I'd love one of these too and would have no idea what to do with it either!

Like the Raleigh Chopper i bought, rode it round the block, felt like a tit :LOL: might feel like a cool dude out on it if we get any sun in the summer though, currently a nice ornament/conversation piece in my kitchen.

Always thought big wheeled BMX's look a bit odd though :?

Today
Shit today
Shit tomorrow

Well thats tomorrows post done also.

Prototype sideboard ive been doing is now totally fubar

Due to some sort of shit at the workshop i rent space at i cannot have my own key so therefore cannot get in to access my tools and equipment when i need it
I was forced to attempt to make my template using the wrong tools totally and after spending 3 fing days making the model parts have now found that due to a slight inconsistency in the template will not fully assemble .In fact i broke a bit attempting to make it fit [this piece is in the far corner now with a new bash on one side :evil: ]
4 days wasted :(

On the plus side and i hope it works out ive been told about and have visited a project in the lighthouse design center where i can drop in free gratis and use their equipment to prototype a model or design. Their 'equipment' includes a CNC router 8'x4' capacity ,2 laser engravers/cutters, a couple of 3D printers and more design and computer softwear and hardware that frigging star trek :shock: .
I hope to complete my prototype with them and the cnc router to cut out my jigs and templates at an accuracy id find if near impossible to replicate.
I also think they are going to have another unit given over to design in metalworking with (i know for a fact) a Plasma cutter and all the milling and lathes it requires
Looks like i could use it for making the replacement crown for the lawwill ive recently bought. If there is the opportunity to use or have made the crown i think ill redesign it as its obviously got so flaws that would be best designing out ,then beefing up stressed sections and also got the chance to use alloys that are probably more suitable that the alloys available 20 years ago :?
For instance the legs have 2 bolts but 3 might be better,it extends the crown on the leg giving it more rigidity .Same for the steerer ,it might be possible to design it such to include a removable steerer . All just ideas but well see how that pans out

Back