2007 Orange Clockwork, number 200 of 200, update 11/4/13

Re: 2007 Orange Clockwork, number 200 of 200, update 14/2/13

He he. That will go nicely with your Japanese gears and French rims ;-)

Regards

Yeah I know what your saying but somehow magura forks just don't sit right with me on an Orange, I do like their forks though just not here, I know the purists like pace on Orange but I see them as an unknown quantity, having worked in the trade and sold pace and rockshox I found that rockshox were less problematic and I think fox are way overrated, so that leaves rockshox for suspension and pace rc31's for rigid.

Every time I choose components it's based on quality and longevity and spares availability so I tend to stick with what I know works and avoid the stuff I have seen issues with.

Yeah, we all have our own personal preferences. I actually bought those particular Magura forks myself in a cheeky deal outside eBay. I didn't really need them, and they certainly don't colour-match any of my bikes, but I really wanted them as they are a bit different from the norm.

Looking forward to seeing your Orange rebuilt :D

Regards

so i picked up the Clockwork yesterday :D

very happy, the paint is amazingly bright, more so than before, probably down to the fact that 'house of color' paint was used, which i think is currently the best paint out there.

the stickers, they weren't available from Orange so i asked for them to be reproduced as near as possible, they are not exactly the same but they are close enough that most people won't know, and a couple of them i personally prefer anyway.

the painter is the same guy Sinnerman uses, Tim at TJC designs, his prices are very reasonable aswel, also he's a rider.

http://www.tjcdesign.com/index.htm

only have one pic at the mo but when i'm home i'll take a few more, hopefully my camera will beable to cope with the brigtness!

:D

plan is to go rigid, just bought an Exotic carbon fork for it and a hope heaset, the plan is to make it mostly hope where possible, and black component wise mostly.

Attachments

• clockwork repaint.jpg
    clockwork repaint.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 435
Looking very nice sir :cool:

How are you keeping those bikes stable in the van? Are they sort of wedged by the rear wheel, forks and seat, or is there some contraption that I can't see?

Regards

Looking forward to seeing how the rebuild turns out Jonny :cool:

Might finally get round to rebuilding mine this summer after it donated all it's parts tomy GF's Diva frame last year. I'm thinking DX groupo with thumbies :D

got some time this evening and the forks turned up this morning so i got spannering away, didn't expect to get this far, basically it's done apart from the front brake, the banjo bolt on the front caliper died :roll:

changes to the spec have been

Exotic fork in 440mm instead of the rockshox as they had died
went back to the DT/goldtec/mavic wheel set
hope headset fitted
hope stem fitted
new lock on grips
new race face post
replaced old looking braided hose for standard

the idea of the above changes were to make it a rigid no fuss machine but also all these parts are black, the idea being to show off the brightness of the frame, which is way brighter than before

should be sorting the banjo bolt tomorrow, then i'll go get it dirty! :D

Attachments

• ocw6.jpg
    ocw6.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 393
  • ocw5.jpg
    ocw5.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 393
  • ocw4.jpg
    ocw4.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 393
  • ocw3.jpg