Any old bike parts for struggling artist?

scottmac

Retro Guru
Feedback
View

Is there anywhere I can get old chainrings, freewheels, sprockets and chains for free for a project I'm working on?

I'm talking about the "tis ready for the knackers yard" kind of stuff. I'm looking for stuff people don't want anymore.

I'm a struggling artist looking for stuff and I've visited the bike shops in my area (West Sussex) but they've only got a few bits here and there, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a shedload of stuff?

If there's any bike shops whom want to pass on their knackered repairs or ol' unrepairable stuff, then I would be eternally grateful. :D

Thanks x ;)

Our local dump/recycling centre put all the bikes to one side, and you can buy them for a few £s (better ones cost upto £10!!)

Worth a try?

scottmac":5pljov7y said:

Is there anywhere I can get old chainrings, freewheels, sprockets and chains for free for a project I'm working on?

I'm talking about the "tis ready for the knackers yard" kind of stuff. I'm looking for stuff people don't want anymore.

I'm a struggling artist looking for stuff and I've visited the bike shops in my area (West Sussex) but they've only got a few bits here and there, and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a shedload of stuff?

If there's any bike shops whom want to pass on their knackered repairs or ol' unrepairable stuff, then I would be eternally grateful. :D

Thanks x ;)

Whereabouts in West Sussex are you? I've some tired bits I haven't been able to shift on the 2nd-hand market, which you're welcome to. From time to time I nip over to Chichester for Saturday afternoon shopping (as well as Tuesday evening racing at West Stoke/Funtington in the summer) and could pass them on to you whilst there.

David

BobToo":qlvqffn2 said:
I think most areas have a bike recycling scheme where they take bikes from the dump, renovate them and sell them on. I reckon one of those would sort you out with what you want, and probably display some of your work too. A quick Google turned up this list, which may not be comprehensive http://www.bikehub.co.uk/featured-articles/recycling/
Thanks for the list BobToo - I'll check it out.

Our local dump staff just looked at me as if I was an alien... and then I realised they were 90% Polish and the other 10% couldn't give a toss. :roll:

David B":o0od5vl4 said:
scottmac":o0od5vl4 said:

Thanks x ;)

Whereabouts in West Sussex are you? I've some tired bits I haven't been able to shift on the 2nd-hand market, which you're welcome to. From time to time I nip over to Chichester for Saturday afternoon shopping (as well as Tuesday evening racing at West Stoke/Funtington in the summer) and could pass them on to you whilst there.

David
David you have a PM ;)

Back