Morrissey wasn't the only twat in the Smiths...

Robbied196":3qww18q3 said:
Dave may listen, but he'll never understand.
Made me think of:-
Look man, you can listen to Jimi but you can't hear him. There's a difference man. Just because you're listening to him doesn't mean you're hearing him.

There's some humour to be had about it, though - one pretentious blowhard irked by another pretentious blowhard "another first world problem" eh. Brought a wry smile to my face. Irony, it's so ironic.

Robbied196":3n22wjfx said:
Always loved Morrissey :)

Margaret On The Guillotine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smzsIONNh0w

Some of us still dream, I've got the champagne waiting :LOL: MAKE THE DREAM REAL!

I'm 'straight edge' but the day the old witch snuffs it, I'm gonna have a large whiskey and an even larger grin.

al. :D

al":1mfy99or said:
Robbied196":1mfy99or said:

Some of us still dream, I've got the champagne waiting :LOL: MAKE THE DREAM REAL!

I'm 'straight edge' but the day the old witch snuffs it, I'm gonna have a large whiskey and an even larger grin.

And I shall be doing the opposite. Funny how she divides people even to this day.

al":26pk0doj said:
Robbied196":26pk0doj said:

No RIP posts for you then when it happens, me neither :)

Alison

al":3qla48rh said:
Hey people slagging the Smiths off....only about 30 years too late.

Mr Cameron is a dirty Tory scumbag, fact.

Mr Marr isn't, fact.

Where's the news story?

The Smiths are the best Manchester band followed by... Joy Division, Stone Roses and the Chameleons.

You forgo The Buzzcocks and Slaughter and the Dogs!

If anyone on here has Morrisseys contact details, can they ask him if the "punctured bicycle, on a hillside - desolate" he sang about was an 80s Steve Potts or Ritchey by any chance? And which hillside it was left lying on? It's a long shot, but if Morrissey can settle in sun-drenched LA and still bang on about the English working classes, I reckon anything is possible...

Rich34":2n84nubn said:
If anyone on here has Morrisseys contact details, can they ask him if the "punctured bicycle, on a hillside - desolate" he sang about was an 80s Steve Potts or Ritchey by any chance?

Given that The Smiths were a Manchester band, surely it would have been a Harry Hall? ;)

David

David B":12jv483b said:
Rich34":12jv483b said:
If anyone on here has Morrisseys contact details, can they ask him if the "punctured bicycle, on a hillside - desolate" he sang about was an 80s Steve Potts or Ritchey by any chance?

Given that The Smiths were a Manchester band, surely it would have been a Harry Hall? ;)

David

Well said :)

Tazio":3i3e2atx said:
azaro":3i3e2atx said:
You forgo The Buzzcocks and Slaughter and the Dogs!

And you forgot the phenomenon that was Magazine.

Indeed.
Although I went to see The Buzzcocks last year and they played a short set with the original line up and Howard Devoto forgot his lines twice!

Back