Surly krampus

saltyman

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
:facepalm:

Monkey sees monkey wants........I have stewed over this bike since last spring/summer when they were out testing and sneak previews of a 29er with 3" wide tires but normal rigid frame were announced.

A fun adult sized bmx type mtb.....sounded great, and most normal mtb parts will bolt straight on, great......normal hubs and bb!

krampus4.jpg

Demo bikes were due in October and frame and rims were due December.......now it's end of February and frames have just came in this week......full bikes are now looking at June!

I have bought the frame/fork/rims/tire combo and its getting parts ordered and should be built next week.

Will keep you all posted.

Nothing too fancy but I have insisted on red anodised hope hubs......should go well with the swamp green paint.

Rest is crank brothers post and 780mm bars, shimano 1x10 drivetrain and my trusty Nukeproof pedals and some chunky ESI grips.

saltyman":5j2j31zk said:
Nothing too fancy but I have insisted on red anodised hope hubs......should go well with the swamp green paint.

Rest is crank brothers post and 780mm bars, shimano 1x10 drivetrain and my trusty Nukeproof pedals and some chunky ESI grips.

Sounds great - is this as a replacement for the Fargo?

Great bike, the ESI grips are great, love mine. Be interested how you get on with 29+, probably feel like road tyres to you :LOL:

Few bits arriving for the build

464B0C7B-D77A-4C61-8516-9279E2116495-4541-000000D88231B53C_zps991d4b4a.jpg

Woke to thick snow today so moonlander will be out......krampus is waiting on hope hubs etc at cycle shop so just have to occupy myself with 4.8" tires until then!

The krampus isn't a fat bike, its a fat 29er......if that makes sense.

The 29"x 3" tires are best around 15psi, guing huge grip and comfort and the added roll over and torque off the 29er wheels makes it an impressive handling bike.

This is next to a 26" x 4" Nate tire on a 82mm rim.

krampus10.jpg

Nice new rear yoke

sk5.jpg

73mm BB

sk4.jpg

Squishy!

sk3.jpg

Back