Votes: 1 0.6%
  • MADB's 1984 S & G Cycles Muddy Fox

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • wtb_rider's Brodie Bastard

Votes: 4 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sandmangts":n5k6re3k said:
Arguing over the definition of "restoration" and then voting for a bike that is by your own definition not a restoration. When we have a "My bike is in the Smithsonian" BOTM contest please feel free to enter. Until then piss off and let the amateurs have some fun. :mrgreen:

Thanks, I think :D I view all of this as more of a discussion than arguement and I find all of it very entertaining. For the record, I haven't taken offense to anything that has been said.

rumpfy":n5k6re3k said:
A restoration, while maintaining the integrity of the original irreplaceable patina. Thats honorable.
Taking an already rare bike from its neglected bare bones state...and taking it to a fully correct period piece...

Thanks Rumpfy, you make a good point, here is the recent history on the Koski in a nutshell.

-I bought the frame/fork/original HS from the second owner and he gave me the name of the original owner.
-I spent a month+ calling and emailing to find the original owner who gave me the back story on the bike and original build.
-I spent the next three years tracking down parts. The owner was specific on many things including ring size, freewheel, bb spindle length (which is a phil from 1980 and was sent back for service), stem length/rise and the style/brand of motorcycle bar (which was a bitch to find).
-During that time every thread was chased, st and ht were reamed, and a healthy dose of famesaver was applied multiple times.
-Joe sent an email, the bike goes to him.
-We (Joe, Witz, Erik K and I) talk about what still needs to be replaced and he replaces the wheels with the originals (+ serviced the Phil hubs), I finally found the der and JB moddifieded it, Joe had the correct post, Erik offers decals and help apply them, members here offered up bottle cage, tires and toestraps/cages.

Years ago I did a repaint on my old Phoenix and tracked down a NOS XT group. The groupo was a delight to install because everything was there ready to go. From start to finish it took 6 months and most of that time was spent waiting for Spectrum.

Maybe the Phoenix was a restoration because of the paint but the Koski was certainly more time consuming and labor intensive. Two different approaches, both very rewarding!! Obviously all of the projects here have been rewarding or people wouldn't submit them.

well there are a few worthy winners this month, but my vote still lies with the elgin.
its the only one i seem to have a connection with.
on a side note i have never understood slicks on full sussers, but i do love the the gt.
and for some strange reason i am still able to see the results, which kind of spoils the outcome for me.
very interesting and somewhat controversial month.

videojetman":ac1o756o said:
and for some strange reason i am still able to see the results, which kind of spoils the outcome for me.

Yes why is that? I can see them too.

Righty ho.

Can I please. Please. Please ask that if people think there is an issue with the poll they PM me, I can then fix it. Much as I try to read every post the instant it is made I am struggling to get by on 1 hours sleep a week.

@wtb_rider - bike omitted in error. I have added to this poll. Given how late it was you can enter in one further special and one further normal month should you wish.
@WD_Pro - your bike was omitted because it had already been entered in a special month according to your own post (November 2011 Made in Taiwan BoTM special IIRC). As per the rules we allow each bike to be entered in one normal and one special month.

Also, the poll is visible.

Back