Raleigh 753 SB676

Hi,

Thanks for that. I see you are building a Castorama team replica. that definitely deserves a thread on here! Cyclomondo has added Raleigh Castorama decals to his site - maybe useful to you if you haven't sourced them already. I love the Castorama colour scheme too!

Regards,

Pat

cloonaghpat":2c93jg9b said:
Hi,

Thanks for that. I see you are building a Castorama team replica. that definitely deserves a thread on here! Cyclomondo has added Raleigh Castorama decals to his site - maybe useful to you if you haven't sourced them already. I love the Castorama colour scheme too!

Regards,

Pat

Yes the Castorama is being built ,frame had alraedy been resprayed and Decaled so no problems there !Would do a thread just not very able with the pictures !
Mike

Hi Pat,

Lovely job on the Panasonic, realise I'm jumping into your thread late on but had my attention grabbed when I noticed your SB676 frame number.
I've recently got my hands on sb664 which appears to be in its original gold colour and in fair condition if you overlook a couple of repairs soon to be carried out. Sorry if this is considered a hijack of your post but seem to be a few experts around these parts so will attempt to start one myself with some photos as the lug work appears far more detailed than any other sb frame I've seen so far and keen to learn of any history I can.
Enjoy riding your handsome bike.

Andy.

Andy,

No problem, looking forward to seeing your thread, I bought the bike in the early 90's, I rode it myself for 10 years, then I loaned it to my cousin's husband who raced it for a couple of years (how it wasn't crashed I'll never know!), I then loaned it for two years to a friend of mine who put a new headset on it. I finally got it back over a year ago and it was at that stage I checked the serial no. on it and discovered what I had. I knew it was a top end bike when I purchased it, but you didn't have access to the amont of information thats available now on the web and especially on forums such as this one. It a great time to be getting these old bikes back on the road. Best of luck with your build.

Regards,

Pat

Back