MacRetro chat and rides thread

Good spot, helped fix a very small section of the trail there a year ago- man was it hard work, going for a run in the morning so will see whats going down- should be a bit dryer now. Boys would laugh in my face :LOL: :LOL:

zigzag":6i65e7hi said:
Definitely game Graeme. Would be good to squeeze Glen Tilt and clubby's Glen Clova/Doll rides in sometime March/April, or possibly even as late as early May. Weather dependent I suppose. Going by conditions at the weekend, what do you reckon? A few weeks for the snow to melt if weather stays fair?

march & april would be your donald duck (and possibly May) regarding munro biking as far as snow is concerned. may's out for me as i've got skye, torridon climbing then a fortnight in spain. and the calendars got the macretro epic at end of may (which I'm missing :facepalm: ) so we wouldn't want to detract from that I think we should plan a date and if the weathers good go for the hill, otherwise there's an absolute abundance of landy and singletrack for exploring. would be up for a one day shot or an overnighter with 2 days of riding, there's plenty of scope with a bit of planning

march 23rd/24th and april 20/21 are my only spare weekends, any of them suit?? obviously need to seek domestic permission also :oops:

April is tough with school holidays and also Fat Forth at the end. April 20th (Sat) was the date I had in mind for Glen Doll so lets go for that and let people plan. Just a single (big) day to break us in gently. Have an alternative shorter lower ride in same area if weather/snow level dictate.

Rats, cant do April 20th as I have a dentist apointment I can't reschedule because it has already been rescheduled and my teeth need looked after :roll:

Also looking like my calendars pretty full, thats girlfriends for you, there's me leading the selfish batchelor life then I meet her and its suddenly very busy, not used to it :shock:

Just pick dates, dont compromise and those that can will show up.

I will be at Retrobike Lake District meet on March 23rd and at Forth Fat 26-28 April and MacRetro Big Meet Aviemore 25-26 May. I will try to be at other stuff pending it coinciding with a quiet day but I do find myself thinking I must get back to Drumlanrig sometime, always enjoy riding there though that depends on car getting fixed...........dont ask :roll:

will get the 20th april in the diary

i can organise the cambusbarron/north third weekend for march - any dates people prefer ?

i cant do the 9th/10th as will be rocking with the Quo in glesga.

Excellent, sounds like it's coming together gents.

Velo - Want to just chuck something in the calendar for Drum for later in the year? I know you're not the only thinking about it! And give the westies something relatively local to get too? Also hoping Gazz organises another sunny Craufurdland/pub extravanganza too, but that's another story/ride...

Keith - as Velo says, just pick a date that suits and go for it.

Graeme - only possible issue with 23rd March is clash with Lake District national... Let me run that up the AEC flag-pole and see who salutes it (with two fingers possibly)...

Provisional...

20th April: Clubby's Glen Doll Mini Break

?? March/April: Keith's Cambusbarron Caper

?? March/April: Gmac's Glen Full Tilt

??: Velo's Roots Around Drumlanrig

Back