1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras

Re: But....,i was looking for a 19" Adroit....

tigern":c06vectn said:
get a beer!

because if i want to do a real proper restoration, i have to let it paint professionally, so why not give it a try myself :roll: :

well it would save you 250 quid and 12 weeks sitting in someones warehouse doing nothing :LOL:

tigern":c06vectn said:
No kidding, i give it a shot to play with "the sponge", don't now where it goes but i'll see......it will be fun that's for sure!! Want to try to match the frame with all the bleached out parts, might put some worn out XTR on it to be in style, old worn tyres, can restore it always later.....and will ;)

fake ageing..I like the concept..if it might end up going to a prima donna paint shop then yes why not have a go yourself..

I've often wondered why more people do not do this..have a go first, the most you will lose is free time but if it works a big smile and a great looking bike could be the pay off

looking forward to see how this comes out chap

any123":3cac06si said:
Just another topic i wish i had never opened

Why? You don't like it? Finished, only have to do some adjustments, so i found a used Flite, a well used XT M732 breakset, used Syncros seatpost, used Smoke/Dart combo, the only new looking thing is the paint on the fork and the steerer... But i have a plan, will try it later.....

Attachments

• MG-fin001.jpg
    MG-fin001.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 700

some close-ups

Attachments

• amg004.jpg
    amg004.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 689
  • amg003.jpg
    amg003.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 689
  • amg002.jpg
    amg002.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 689
  • amg001.jpg
    amg001.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 689

Excellent job!
I like it!
But you should really consider someone else for mounting your saddles...! Ouch!

Adjusted it a bit, looks better now in my opinion, not perfect though, but it's ok...

And put the Mission Control decals on.

I think i'm gonna put Suntour XC Pro on it instead of the XT which i had on earlier

Attachments

• MG006.jpg
    MG006.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 647
  • MG-007.jpg
    MG-007.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 647
Back