QUANTOCKS THIS SUNDAY 24th

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
We are meeting at the Lydeard Hill car park at 10 - 10.30 (its at a dead end sitting above Bagborough).

At the moment its chrisG and myself and a possible gtRTSdh and more the merrier, its a bit late notice but as its dry lets just get out there while it last's :D

Will

Could be up for this - just need to run it past SWMBO.
What sort of length/time you thinking of?
As the new Dep AEC I've been thinking a Quantocks SW ride would be cool, so this'll give me a chance to remind myself of the area and maybe persuade someone to be the guide for a ride ;)

ajantom":1eso9qub said:
Could be up for this - just need to run it past SWMBO.
What sort of length/time you thinking of?
As the new Dep AEC I've been thinking a Quantocks SW ride would be cool, so this'll give me a chance to remind myself of the area and maybe persuade someone to be the guide for a ride ;)

Around the 3 ish hours I think mate.

Both chrisG and gtRTSdh both know the area.

Got a pass for the day :)
will be my 5th ride this week - one of the perks of being a teacher!
2 Haldon rides, a Dartmoor pootle, and Woodbury today. Looking forward to a Quantocks outing - last time I was up there must be over 2 years ago.

Too short notice for me I'm afraid, as I have dobbins duties.

I would like to get up there for the next one though.

Have a good'un.

Hi Gents, good to meet you all.

Truly truly cold, my feet took a long time to warm up and a fair bit of snow as we were close to the end!

How do your tracker apps compare on the elevation? Mine says 3000ft climbing but I don't quite believe that somehow.

http://www.sports-tracker.com/#/workout ... njsp9bpds6

pics minus myself, my phone's not great, but you get the idea.

20130224266.jpg

20130224265.jpg

As you said it was very cold but enjoyable all the same.

I can only think that ride in the summer would be pretty awesome.

Back